Gaming Space Engineers (now in BETA)

Gerdih

Reaction score
They are drones of commitment and will, they have followed me over a distance of 40km back to my base, in the surface of the moon.
Also, most of the times when I reach asteroid fields between Earth and Moon I have around 10 min before I see a pair of them on their way to annoy me.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Hmmm. Generally you have to get within a certain distance of their home base to trigger a deployment. I think it's 15km or so. You should be able to see the base marker on your HUD. Just steer clear of those areas until you can craft some sort of stand-off weapon to cripple the outpost's ability to launch drones and to defend itself against attack. Then you can raid it and steal all the treasure within.

Gerdih

Reaction score
Construction of new base:

AAB4B1B6406D0A6335990D5EBDBFFEDDC2632212

On site mining operation reparations:

8B74881E119EFBD2907B98E5C53B13F51975059F

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Somehow, I managed to get invited into the Last Stand Gamers server for their latest rendition... It's already been pretty interesting. Big event tomorrow that, because of real-world commitments, I will not be able to attend, so I'll be interested to see what happens.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I find space engineers boring after a while.

I build a small base on creative mode, and then I run it on survival and mine some stuff to keep it going.
This is only fun the first time around. I get bored of digging mining tunnels very fast ;)

But the building part is indeed fun :)

Do you guys have any suggestions for mods or scenarios that really worth it?

Gerdih

Reaction score
I think the game is still badly tunned. There should be more variety of armor blocks, including higher inclinations. The current armor blocks limit creativity quite much, you have to "squeeze" the other blocks to make more original shapes but that limits the size of the ship. Also, with more variety of armor blocks we would be able to make better interiors without needing the ship to look too much like a brick.

To make nice things and have proper fun you have to stick to middle size, no more of 50 meters long ships for example. If you go over that you end up flying with large bricks too expensive to build. Right now a 50 meters long ship is limited on capabilities because you cannot fit many "other blocks" inside of it, a 50 meters ship should be able to perform more tasks than just hauling or just being able to fire some rockets, same with other purposes...

For example I want to have a ship with a nice engineering room, nice pilot room, few nice sleep rooms and few scape pods, a nice computer room and able to fire little block long distance missiles as well as having jump capability and high maneuverability. If I want that I have to build a big brick because I cannot fit everything inside a middle sized ship.

Last edited:

Gerdih

Reaction score
Starbase

Not gonna lie this one looks like it might go way ahead of Space Engineers, construction mechanics look way better:

Too bad its still in alpha

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Very impressive, the chap with his hands up gets my vote.