Space Shuttle Ultra 1.25 Revision B development

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I doubt I can build it into the Patch though, would be a longer task item. First I would need a generic audio circuit and the functions around to handle the messages.
OK, for the past let's focus on the OTV cameras.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
OK, for the past let's focus on the OTV cameras.

Yeah. Do you need text labels in the dialog or would be an interface like on the consoles better (CLEAR + number + TAKE for switching to a camera)

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yeah. Do you need text labels in the dialog or would be an interface like on the consoles better (CLEAR + number + TAKE for switching to a camera)
Hmmmm. Console interface sounds best as then you could program a sequence for it to run through. Sequences could be saved as plain txt files which could then be loaded for later use.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hmmmm. Console interface sounds best as then you could program a sequence for it to run through. Sequences could be saved as plain txt files which could then be loaded for later use.

Yes, or inside the Mission file, or inside the LC-39 config file or ...

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
We would need the animations for the SSME gimbal test, to be viewed from the OTV.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
We would need the animations for the SSME gimbal test, to be viewed from the OTV.

Yes... Does somebody know more about the test, like:

• Which pattern is executed?
  • Who executes the pattern? Main engine controller? GPCs? LPS?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
  • Pattern is:

1: Move SSME nozzles from the gravity-vertical position to the gimbal NULL position
2: Move SSME nozzles to maximum gimbal left
3: Move SSME nozzles back to NULL position
4: Move SSME nozzles to maximum right position
5: Move SSME nozzles back to NULL position

• SSME nozzles is commanded by the LPS. Same thing with the Aerosurface Drive Test that preceeds the MPS Gimbal Check

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Is only one gimbal actuator tested or both?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I believe both.

Well, if there should be both actuators tested, they should move the engines also up and down.

I know that usually, such a test is done on other rockets by moving diagonal, but I am not sure.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well, if there should be both actuators tested, they should move the engines also up and down.
I guess the move from the gravity vertical position to the NULL position could count as a test of that actuator as it moves the nozzles up a bit. I have attached two screengrabs from STS-114.

The first one shows the nozzles in the gravity vertical position while the second shows the nozzles in the NULL position.

Attachments

• NASATV_00085.jpg
    NASATV_00085.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 579
  • NASATV_00086.jpg
    NASATV_00086.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 562

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Bug: ODS ring animation is not loaded from saved scenarios. This bug has been verified.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The new FSS is coming along fine. Just some more work on the GVA and FSS OWP needed. Then it will be ready for testing. The RSS is still some time away from completion and testing.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I just noticed that the main module for the Shuttle is still called "MG_Atlantis.dll". As we are replacing a default orbiter craft that way, wouldn't it be better naming it "SpaceShuttleUltra.dll"?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I just noticed that the main module for the Shuttle is still called "MG_Atlantis.dll". As we are replacing a default orbiter craft that way, wouldn't it be better naming it "SpaceShuttleUltra.dll"?
Yes, then we won't break the default Atlantis scenarios.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yes, then we won't break the default Atlantis scenarios.

Exactly. If nobody has any objections about it, I will change the module name. The libSSU test seems to work out fine now, which means that we can dynamically link all other vessels of SSU to the SpaceShuttleUltra, which makes communication between the vessels a lot more robust.

Currently it just uses ssuGetMission for getting mission data, without loading the same file twice. The next extension for the interface would implement radio and LDB communication, if I get my will.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
ET loading LCC screen: http://twitpic.com/7lixi

Now that we're beginning to support LCC stuff, could a screen like this be implemented?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
ET loading LCC screen: http://twitpic.com/7lixi

Now that we're beginning to support LCC stuff, could a screen like this be implemented?

Damn sure. I also have a old booster console manual from InsideKSC to study. The other consoles would also be nice, but I would recommend rendering only the needed screens.

For the LCC, maybe even using just 2D panels as default might make sense, as you barely need to look to the side.

What I can see from the image: It uses a similar symbology as the CAU upgrade proposed for the Shuttle and which will get used in the CEV. I see only some tiny bit more fancyness.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Some new ET mods, ET Intertank access door and the ET Carrier Assembly(ETCA). The Ground Umbilical Carrier Plate(GUCP) mates to the ETCA on the ET. The screenshot shows the GUCP/GH2 vent line removed from the ET so that the ETCA is exposed.

Attachments

• ET-131_-Z_-Y_OTV_004.jpg
    ET-131_-Z_-Y_OTV_004.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 549