Space Shuttle Ultra 1.25 Revision B development

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Checked in some mods to the pad code, mainly related to the GOX venting. From a pad visual stand point we need these items:

• Lights(beacons) on Side 1 of the MLP
  • Flashing strobe light on the top of the water tower
  • Lights(beacons) on the RSS
  • And night illumination of the FSS and RSS
I have attached some NASA TV screengrabs from the second STS-127 launch attempt on June 17 2009.

Attachments

• NASATV_00185.png
    NASATV_00185.png
    369.6 KB · Views: 545
  • NASATV_00209.png
    NASATV_00209.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 523
  • NASATV_00213.png
    NASATV_00213.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 516

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Pictures of the real shuttle always look good, but don't generally in Orbiter, so I would like a way to turn of the lighting affects if we choose.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Pictures of the real shuttle always look good, but don't generally in Orbiter, so I would like a way to turn of the lighting affects if we choose.

Can be done quickly by configuration file option in SpaceShuttleUltra.cfg, But I would like to do some other orbiter project today, before football (Germany - England, U21 European Championship) starts.

If we do more lights around the pads, how about adding the roadblocks and the pad status lights? I think it would look pretty cool, if you could see the blinkenlights at the security gates.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If we do more lights around the pads, how about adding the roadblocks and the pad status lights? I think it would look pretty cool, if you could see the blinkenlights at the security gates.
Well, do you know where the pad status lights are? I could make them if I just know where they are placed.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, do you know where the pad status lights are? I could make them if I just know where they are placed.

Would have to look into the files again to give you a full listing where.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just throwing this one out there again: Where do we stand on supporting the other orbiters besides current OV-103, OV-104 and OV-105? Would very much like to see OV-102 being implemented in both post-STS-9 and post-STS-93 configs.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, those missions would be alot of fun to simulate. Alot of satellite launches.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yes, those missions would be alot of fun to simulate. Alot of satellite launches.

And the old Pre-MDU cockpit would be nice to see, but well, that is out of range as long as we have not even finished one cockpit yet.

Maybe you can make the IUS panels, so we can simulate the IUS missions. This would make it possible to do the interplanetary probe missions launched from the Shuttle.

BTW: Can you create a stopwatch mesh (the white things placed all over the shuttle cockpit) and render it as bitmap? Using the many small stopwatches inside the VC in 3D would be a pain, but showing them as a more beautiful dialog would permit some useful work with them.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are you talking as a 2D pop-up ?

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
BTW: Can you create a stopwatch mesh (the white things placed all over the shuttle cockpit) and render it as bitmap? Using the many small stopwatches inside the VC in 3D would be a pain, but showing them as a more beautiful dialog would permit some useful work with them.

Not to butt in, I love the idea for a dialog. I've even considered buying the same model timer and have one velcroed to my computer. The only problem is if you use time accel:p.

Zerofay32

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So what about my original question? Where do when stand on supporting other orbiters?

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
How's this one. The some model, the CDN logo is a little different. The second picture is from the Hubble flight.

Zerofay32

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks very much ! Now where to put them?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Thanks very much ! Now where to put them?

Everywhere over the VC usually near important panels or windows. But I would like to have a good rendering of one as bitmap, to have one as dialog, which is also easier to read.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can someone add animation of the intertank access door? Should a fairly simple thing, 90° rotation as it swings outward on a set of hinges like a normal door. It isn't a detachable access panel like I thought it was.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Something like this ?

Yes, exactly like that. maybe splitting the visible part of the bitmap and the part with the digits into two bitmaps. I would have to read through the docs again, but I think Orbiter does not care and windows allows dialogs with transparency, so the gray part around it could be hidden.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Bitmaps can't have alpha channels, only .dds can have an alpha channel.