Project Space Shuttle Vessel

Gieno

Reaction score
Hi,
I use the Mission Editor and created STS-135 which is awesome. Just a question is the Raffaello MPLM available?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hi,
I use the Mission Editor and created STS-135 which is awesome. Just a question is the Raffaello MPLM available?
MPLMs are probably available from one of the ISS addons (payloads are outside of the scope of this project).

Reaction score
Hi GLS.
I am having problems with compiling and linking a useable Space Shuttle Vessel from the source on github.

git clone https://github.com/GLS-SSV/SSV.git inside orbitersim directory.

building the solution SpaceShuttleVessel_2017.sln

E:\SSV\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Vessel\OV\vc\MDU.cpp contains a call to LoadSketchMesh which is obsolete and breaks the build.

It requires Sketchpad2.h which is not available in either orbitersim or ssv.

line 144 of MDU.cpp

hADIball = STS()->D3D9()->LoadSketchMesh( "SSV\\OV\\ADI_MEDS" );

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hi GLS.
I am having problems with compiling and linking a useable Space Shuttle Vessel from the source on github.

git clone https://github.com/GLS-SSV/SSV.git

E:\SSV\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Vessel\OV\vc\MDU.cpp contains a call to LoadSketchMesh which is obsolete and breaks the build.

line 144 of MDU.cpp

hADIball = STS()->D3D9()->LoadSketchMesh( "SSV\\OV\\ADI_MEDS" );

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Hi!
There is no need to compile SSV, as there is a version released not long ago: https://github.com/GLS-SSV/SSV/releases/tag/v1.6

But if you still want to compile it, for the trunk you need Orbiter 2016. For the (yet to be released) Open Source Orbiter, only the newOSFS branch will work, due to changes in both Orbiter and D3D9. Not really sure what would compile in the "old" Orbiter Beta...
Anyway, I suspect you are trying to compile the trunk in the new Orbiter. If so, switch to the newOSFS branch and it should work.

In case the question comes up (again): I'll only release SSV for new Orbiter when it is (officially) released. When that happens, I might even release SSV on the same Tuesday, or worst case scenario, the following Tuesday.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Reaction score
Yeah, you are using the new Orbiter. Please read the post above.
Hi GLS.
Thank you for the answers! I was able to build both the orbiter 2016 and the newOSFS branch of SSV.
Is there any documentation covering what DPS pages have been currently implemented in SSV?

Gieno

Reaction score
Hi,
In order to Config DAP A,B to A7,B7 is this done in OPS 201/020/ DAP CONFIG?
And if, how do I do it?
Hope I'm making sense...🤦

Thanks.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hi,
In order to Config DAP A,B to A7,B7 is this done in OPS 201/020/ DAP CONFIG?
And if, how do I do it?
Hope I'm making sense...🤦

Thanks.
Right now, only "DAP A" or "DAP B" are loaded (without the "sub-number"), so you can only swap between 2 DAP settings. But you can change their settings manually, which is time-consuming when compared with how it should be, but that is what exists for now. I hope to make that fully functional, with I-Loaded DAP tables, for version 2.0.

While I'm here, and since it has been over a month since the last update, here is one:
Most of the SPDS mesh is now done, with some small details missing, plus finishing a couple of parts in the mechanical side, which is not very clear. I'll soon post an image of the result.
On the background, several large developments have happened on the path to the version 2.0 release:
  • new DPS bus logic, which allows more than one instance, so must buses now exist (but are not necessarily used yet)
  • GPC-IDP interface reworked, now having the GPCs asking the IDP for keys (instead of the opposite), plus correct keystrokes checks in the IDP
  • (still ongoing... and it will take time) correcting logic to generate the displays, which should be the visible result all this work, having more accurate instruments and a DPS display that doesn't update all at once, just as real ones.

Gieno

Reaction score
Right now, only "DAP A" or "DAP B" are loaded (without the "sub-number"), so you can only swap between 2 DAP settings. But you can change their settings manually, which is time-consuming when compared with how it should be, but that is what exists for now. I hope to make that fully functional, with I-Loaded DAP tables, for version 2.0.

While I'm here, and since it has been over a month since the last update, here is one:
Most of the SPDS mesh is now done, with some small details missing, plus finishing a couple of parts in the mechanical side, which is not very clear. I'll soon post an image of the result.
On the background, several large developments have happened on the path to the version 2.0 release:
  • new DPS bus logic, which allows more than one instance, so must buses now exist (but are not necessarily used yet)
  • GPC-IDP interface reworked, now having the GPCs asking the IDP for keys (instead of the opposite), plus correct keystrokes checks in the IDP
  • (still ongoing... and it will take time) correcting logic to generate the displays, which should be the visible result all this work, having more accurate instruments and a DPS display that doesn't update all at once, just as real ones.
Awesome thanks 😉👍

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Two issues the mission editor:
  • CRT4 should be powered up for launch. This is a change that started with the first MEDS flight (STS-101).
  • No way of configuring the External Airlock truss Tool Stowage Assemblies (TSAs). The TSAs started flying on STS-89 (January 1998) in the port position, while the first Light-Weight (LWTSA) flight was STS-103 (December 1999), with both positions filled. I have attached two photos that show the differences between the two TSA types.

Attachments

• Original_TSA_STS95.jpg
    Original_TSA_STS95.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 3
  • LWTSA_STS122.jpg
    LWTSA_STS122.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Original_TSA_STS95.jpg
    Original_TSA_STS95.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 3

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
CRT4 should be powered up for launch. This is a change that started with the first MEDS flight (STS-101).
Something I suspected for sometime. Will be addressed in the v2.0 work.

No way of configuring the External Airlock truss Tool Stowage Assemblies (TSAs).
Or the toolboxes in bay 1. That, and the slidewire options will have to wait for EVA.

Time for another quick update (seems like I did the last one yesterday): I still don't have images, but the SPDS is now "inside" Orbiter! Still lots of graphics work left, but I'm now transitioning to the missing logic to control this thing.
On the v2.0 side, slowly reworking the logic to generate the data for the DDU/IDP displays (and HUD). Still have to figure out the "IDP-3 mystery": IDP-1 and 2 get the data originally intended for DDU-1 and 2 respectively, IDP-4 gets the DDU-3 data, and IDP-3 gets...?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Still have to figure out the "IDP-3 mystery": IDP-1 and 2 get the data originally intended for DDU-1 and 2 respectively, IDP-4 gets the DDU-3 data, and IDP-3 gets...?

Its even a bit more complex there, AFAIR, since the mapping is not just DDU per IDP, but also the DDS is mapped to the MEDS system. I can take a look in my notes there, I did not throw all shuttle stuff away.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Its even a bit more complex there, AFAIR, since the mapping is not just DDU per IDP, but also the DDS is mapped to the MEDS system. I can take a look in my notes there, I did not throw all shuttle stuff away.
"DDS" = DPS (displays) = DEU, right? If so, that is a "simple" DEU for IDP swap on the DK buses. The issue is driving the non-DPS displays, and how the data was sourced, as they went from 3 DDUs to 4 IDPs. Plus, the IDP could read data from 2 FC buses at once, to feed displays on 2 fwd crew stations with independent data.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually, I meant the Dedicated Display System. The TLAs get a bit out of control.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The RMS EE is currently misconfigured for launch, DERIGID, OPEN and EXTEND should be grey with only RIGID, CLOSE and CAPTURE being bp. Currently all six EE tbs on A7U shows bp.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The RMS EE is currently misconfigured for launch, DERIGID, OPEN and EXTEND should be grey with only RIGID, CLOSE and CAPTURE being bp. Currently all six EE tbs on A7U shows bp.
Oh, there is plenty to work in the RMS... I'll probably get those when I rework the RMS <-> MCIU <-> GPC (and also starboard RMS).

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Actually, I meant the Dedicated Display System. The TLAs get a bit out of control.
Very true. In the aft engine compartment, there's 5 MECs alone for launch(3xMain Engine Controllers and 2xMaster Events Controllers)!