Project Space Shuttle Vessel

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Not sure.
Looks like missing a texture?
D3D9: WARNING: Texture STS_PAYLOADSNEW/SST46IMAGE1.dds not found.

(SSV_OV) [INFO] Can't find payload for latch Payload_Latch_1
000000.000: (SSV_OV) [INFO] In clbkPreStep
(SSV_OV) [FATAL ERROR] Exception in clbkPreStep: [Payload_Latch_1] Attached vessel attachment ID is not compatible

No ideas
Same here, I don't have this texture file. And I know that Orbiter doesn't like a missing texture, it causes CTD.

on Missions SSV

Where can I find Eureca so I'll take a look with the JSON mission file to see if I can make it work on my end later ?
Is it this one: STS-46 for ShuttleFleet ?

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
1) Make an attachment in the EURECA vessel, as described in the manual (on the keel trunnion). (plus another one for the Grapple Fixture)
2) Enable an Active Payload in Mission Editor, add EURECA, the attachment number, and any parameters it has (solar panels, etc). [for a retrieval mission, do everything else, except adding the payload]
3) Add 3 (I think) payload latches, 1 port, 1 starboard and 1 keel, and make the keel latch the attachment location.
4) Look at the mission payload bay diagram or a good photo to find the PLIDs (might all be the same for this payload).
5) Mission checklists should have the active latch IDs to control the payload latches. If no checklists exist, make them System 1, Latch 1, 2 and 3, or something else. Take note because those will be the switches on Panel A6U that will release/latch the payload.
6) Don't forget the RMS for deployment/retrieval.
7) Save mission file.
8) Create launch scenario.
9) Launch Orbiter and it should all work.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is the missing texture

Attachments

• sst46image1.zip
    78.2 KB · Views: 13

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh. here is a zip with the dds texture. But I think the mesh needs changed.
The line for this texture reads :STS_PAYLOADSNEW/SST46IMAGE1.dds

change it to STS_PAYLOADSNEW/STS46IMAGE1.dds

Attachments

• sts46image.zip
    77.1 KB · Views: 4

Geoair2

Reaction score
For Eureca I think in fact that it is the fact of having to use J/K to attach it in the bay which makes it incompatible with SSV after numerous tests

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't why that would be the matter. All K/J does is see if the Vessel with the ID is close and attaches it. It the scenario just remove the attachment info on the Eucera and see if you get a CTD. IN the CB it has an attachment where the Eucera should be when stored.

I don't know if SSV can capture an Vessel. I think in real life the rms would lower the vessel into the bay the the payload latches would take over and hold in place.

BUT for some they have specialized latches like the Spartan

So STS 60 uses the same attach/dettach as STS 46CB

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
I don't why that would be the matter. All K/J does is see if the Vessel with the ID is close and attaches it. It the scenario just remove the attachment info on the Eucera and see if you get a CTD. IN the CB it has an attachment where the Eucera should be when stored.

I don't know if SSV can capture an Vessel. I think in real life the rms would lower the vessel into the bay the the payload latches would take over and hold in place.

Yes SSV can deploy and recapture a vessel back in its bay. I did it with a custom payload, I all did was to have a XS attach point for bay, and a GF for the RMS (explained the SSV manual as GLS said above).
We need to take the XYZ coordinates of the payload before launching it in order to reattach it back, we need to be very precise but it works.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Yes, SSV can use the RMS to attach to a payload in the PLB, release the payload latches, take the payload out with the RMS, move it around/release/grapple and then put it back in the PLB and close the payload latches. Try the "Testing Scenarios/Payload Latch Test.scn" scenario.

For me that is an unknown: was the SPARTAN base controlled by a separate panel, or were the payload latch switches routed to that base? For now, the SPARTAN requires "manual" attach/release, i.e., independent of SSV.

Geoair2

Reaction score
I don't use J/K to attach the WSF I added this line in the cfg to use the SSV attachment system

BEGIN_ATTACHMENT
P 0 -3.25 0.2 0 -1 0 0 0 1 XS
P 0 0.63 -.29 0 1 0 0 0 -1 GF
END_ATTACHMENT

if I use J/K I can't take it out of the bay

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Ok guys, I spent a lot of time working on Apollo and I confess that I'm delighted with this addon, I would really like to be able to fly missions from the pre-Challenger era, but even reading the manual and the topics here, I can't create a mission, I tried starting with STS -6 because the SSV itself already has its IUS, I saw that our friend Georair2 managed to create the missions I'm trying, including STS-6. I hope this is the right place.

Any help is welcome :)

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I made some of the shuttle payloads for STS2016. And then used for SSv or anything else. But I haven't made any mission.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I would really like to be able to fly missions from the pre-Challenger era, but even reading the manual and the topics here, I can't create a mission, I tried starting with STS -6 because the SSV itself already has its IUS
Where is the problem?
The installation has a mission (STS-26R) with the IUS, so you can check how it should be.

moonheart

Reaction score
This should work - It took me awhile to figure everything out - you will need the new missions from Gattispilot's STS2016 and files associated with them.

Attachments

• STS-6 TDRS launch.scn
    20.8 KB · Views: 8
  • STS-6 new .json.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 7
  • sts-6.jpg
    sts-6.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 13

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I made some of the shuttle payloads for STS2016. And then used for SSv or anything else. But I haven't made any mission.
Thank you for the quick response!
Is it possible to use create missions like the STS-5 or STS-41D?

Where is the problem?
The installation has a mission (STS-26R) with the IUS, so you can check how it should be.
O SSV possui sim o IUS, porém estava interessado no TDRS ou no Ulysses.

This should work - It took me awhile to figure everything out - you will need the new missions from Gattispilot's STS2016 and files associated with them.
That's what I was looking for :)

I still have to practice a little, I hope to be able to compile shuttle payloads of STS2016 for SSV. I saw some topics here with very interesting Missions.

Thank you everyone for the quick response !

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have all the Addons necessary to run STS2016 and it runs normally, however this scenario you sent me is not working :confused:

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (9).png
    Captura de Tela (9).png
    202.5 KB · Views: 2