Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
$200,000 for a leap of vomit?
You can buy a house on a mediterranean beach for these money.
Or feed your family for a century.
Or buy a crappy flat in Moscow.
Or... Whatever, if i had the money...

count_volta

Ukranian space nut
Reaction score
LOL crappy flat in Moscow. Or a crappy flat in Kiev. But the new apartments in Obolon arnt so bad. http://ukraine.t-p-i.net/images/Obolon.JPG

Anyway well yea, 200k is a little much. When it gets to around 50k I won't even hesitate. But this is the opportunity of a lifetime. So few people get to be astronauts.

If you get to go into Earth orbit and see earth from space, I won't even think about it. I'm going.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
For 200,000 I could imagine worse investments. For example a four-wheeled crude oil annihilator.

But still... 200,000 are a statement. I could make a huge party with my friends for this - for my whole life, every day. Even with all fascination for spaceflight, this doesn't yet beat it.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you get to go into Earth orbit and see earth from space, I won't even think about it. I'm going.
This is sub-orbital. Think of it as the operational version of SS1. Up and then down. All done in about 30-40 minutes with only 2-3 minutes of micro-g.

Pablo49

Reaction score
If I'm going to put up money to go into space, I want a serious space flight. Like more than a sub-orbital flight.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
If I'm going to put up money to go into space, I want a serious space flight. Like more than a sub-orbital flight.

How about a stay at the ISS?

Only 20-35 Million...

The bigger/better something is, the more it costs.

docabn

Reaction score
I hope as many people as can do. I may never be able to afford 200K for a couple days training and an hour or two of fun, but the more people that can and do the better. I figure if enough people do by the time I can afford a 200K joy ride it will only cost 20K go higher and further.

Pablo49

Reaction score
The bigger/better something is, the more it costs.
Well, of course. I'm just saying I'd rather wait (not like I have the money for SS2 now as it is) until prices hopefully go down (preferably for orbital space tourism), and I suddenly win the lottery. :)

barcode

Reaction score
Aren't they hoping to bring the price down to something more affordable if the first few years of operation are successful?

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Aren't they hoping to bring the price down to something more affordable if the first few years of operation are successful?

What, down to 100K or even 50K? Still a years salary is still better than 4 years, but I still wouldn't go for a 50 min ride.

Unstung

Reaction score
I hope as many people as can do. I may never be able to afford 200K for a couple days training and an hour or two of fun, but the more people that can and do the better. I figure if enough people do by the time I can afford a 200K joy ride it will only cost 20K go higher and further.
About 80,000 people have placed their names on the waiting list for seats.

Anyways, orbital flights will come. I bet easily within 20 years.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
$200,000 for a leap of vomit?
You can buy a house on a mediterranean beach for these money.
Or feed your family for a century.
Or buy a crappy flat in Moscow.
Or... Whatever, if i had the money...

That makes me think: will the flights they offer be ever available thorugh mortgaging? Imagine that: 4 minutes of a zero-G flight and then 20 years of paying off for that!

Columbia42

Reaction score
Here's a site where you can actually book a flight!
http://www.spaceadventures.com/
I think the cirumlunar flight on a Soyuz spacecraft looks really cool however for that option you're not really buying seats. Instead you're really investing in the Russian space program (I can think of better places to put my money BTW) and if the circumlunar flights (Financed by your money) become possible, you will get a seat. That being said, I guess if I had $100 million lying around I might invest it in space exploration.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
well, can they retrofit the SpaceShip II to be able to house a small sattelite+booster and then launch it while in space?