Request Spacecraft from several low budget movies

Graham2001

Reaction score
Looks rather nice. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the forward facing large retro thrusters have the same thrust as the OMS thrusters.

And now for the next piece of fictional hardware I've come across.

From a low budget Armageddon rip-off called Judgement Day comes Linebacker, an asteroid deflection system involving multiple nukes designed by the Presidents college roommate, not surprisingly it has little effect on the incoming asteroid. The filmmakers, sadly don't include any pictures of the weapon that does get rid of the asteroid.

Linebacker

The shuttle it's being launched from is called Centaurus.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Looks like Columbia.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You're correct as usual.:thumbup:

Graham2001

Reaction score
Something I recently picked up...

Stranded

A Mars expedition suffers a disaster on landing forcing a hard choice onto the surviviors.

These two pictures show the expedition spacecraft. More pictures and images of the landers are to follow.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him

Stranded

A Mars expedition suffers a disaster on landing forcing a hard choice onto the surviviors.

These two pictures show the expedition spacecraft. More pictures and images of the landers are to follow.

That was an awesome movie!:thumbup:

Graham2001

Reaction score
Now for a blast from the past...

Hanger 18

A film most notorious for claiming it was a documentary...

When the first attempt is made to launch a satellite from a space shuttle a UFO appears and is hit by the satellite.

Apologies for the poor quality of the pictures.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Stranded

That was an awesome movie!:thumbup:

Also have that one on DVD. Nice movie.
The lander should be easy to make, just take a shuttle mesh and remove the aft part.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Now for a blast from the past...

Hanger 18

A film most notorious for claiming it was a documentary...

When the first attempt is made to launch a satellite from a space shuttle a UFO appears and is hit by the satellite.

Apologies for the poor quality of the pictures.

I loved this movie. First saw it when I was around 10, IIRC. Just saw over the weekend that its available on Netflix. Almost watched it last night.

Marg

Reaction score
Hangar-18 was shown in USSR in 1982! It was the movie that introduced soviet people to Space Shuttle. Maybe many of them did not know it`s real spacecraft not sci-fi. (I mean that US orbiter not UFO :)).

Graham2001

Reaction score
While the item below is not from a low budget film, I think it should be relatively quick and easy to do.

The spaceship appears on the cover of a really bad sci-fi novel ('Galaxy 666' by Pel Torro) and I am amazed that someone didn't sue the publisher....

Graham2001

Reaction score
Epoch: Evolution

Another CGI Space Station and a Chinese Spy Sat(?) from a film with a more ambitious script than most low budget flics (Think Arthur C. Clarke's 'Childhoods End' rather than 'Die Hard'). If anyone is interested interior shots from the station do exist.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Strange. It looks like the Chinese put an antenna on their antenna. Yo dawg, herd u liek... :rolleyes:

Graham2001

Reaction score
I have finally managed to find a copy of the Noah's Ark Principle. Sadly it was on VHS rather than DVD but one makes do with what one has.

Below are scans of the front and back cover of the box. The back cover picture shows some interesting markings on the model space shuttle.

Front Cover

Back Cover

Closeup of the shuttle on the back cover.

Looks like the images on the back cover are reversed.

Once I've transferred the film to DVD I'll do a few screenshots.

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Once I've transferred the film to DVD I'll do a few screenshots.
I don't know if you can watch this on youtube...
...it might save you some time if you just need some screenshots. Although I doubt that you will find any better resolution than 360p on youtube or elsewhere. It's from 1984, you know ;)
The movie is called "Das Arche Noah Prinzip" in german. You might find much more when you search for the 'original' german Title...

Graham2001

Reaction score
Thanks for the youtube version, but I'll stick with what I have since the transfer seems to have worked. It's been interesting to rewatch Emmerich's 'graduation thesis', visually I'm seeing a mix of Alien & 2001.

Either he or his special effects people did a better job of shuttle docking than some later American film makers (See the OP). The shuttle docks nose on with the station and then a tunnel locks to the launchpad entry hatch.

The shuttle in the film is the 'Maryland' BTW.

Later: One thing if anyone does decide to model the Arklab, the orientation of the station is with the docking area and the C.O.R.A antenna pointing towards the Earth, despite what the cover pictures show. Screenshots will follow later on in the week.

Last edited:

Graham2001

Reaction score
Firstly an apology for not posting the Emmerich screenshots I will get around to those eventually.

But now onto todays dose of absurdity....

Collision Earth

All I'm going to say about this one is that the planet you can see is Mercury...

Anyway, behold the Deep Space Shuttle Nautilus

Interior Shots

Exterior Shots