Problem spacecraft3 difficulty

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hi i am making a rocket with a payload simular to the apollo csm but thats the problem i am not sure how to make the code so in my cm i can jettison the sm

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the manual for SC3 has a page about doing this, you could also use another vessel that does it as an example, that helped me quite a bit while learning how to make addons.

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
The code from this addon helped me a lot in understanding spacecraft3.dll and multistage.dll:

[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3318"]Space-X launchers and Dragon v0,58[/ame]

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
You are probably after the Payload command

Code:
[PAYLOAD_0]
payloads definition sections
MESHNAME=Carina : mesh name of payload. You can define up to 5 meshes for one payload, they must be declared in the same string, with  each mesh name separated by a ; (semi-column). Ex: mesh1;mesh2
OFF=(0,10,-5) : (x,y,z) vector position of payload mesh offset in launcher (meters). If you have declared more than one mesh for the payload, you must declare the same number of offset in the same order. Offset positions are separated by ; (semi-columns). Ex: (0,0,25); (0,0,27)
MASS=1200 : payload mass in kg
MODULE=carina : module name to be called at vessel create. This is the config file name of the vessel type of the payload.
NAME : the name that will be given to the vessel at payload release time
SPEED : translation speed for payload jettison relative to spacecraft (in m/s) 
ROT_SPEED : rotation speed for payload jettison relative to spacecraft (in rad/s)