OHM Spacecraft3 to DLL&C++ converter 141006

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
and a way to control the MFD's while in the VC mode ? BTW, thanks for this much needed app.

I would say you're asking for the sky here, but this is Artlav!

:)

So is that possible? Spacecraft3 to dll Vessels *and* input-able MFDs in the virtual cockpit?

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I keep getting access violations when trying to convert a vessel. I'm running win7 if that helps.
copy of console:
Code:
Reading USWS_Praeon
Exception EAccessViolation in module sc3conv.exe at 0001F5AA.
Access violation at address 0041F5AA in module 'sc3conv.exe'. Write of address 5
5624D27.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

this bug only happens when I try to convert the USWS Praeon. (sorry, I can't remember who made it)

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
The update fixed it, thanks :thumbup:

Hm, if you change TYPE=rotate to TYPE=ROTATE and like, would it work?
I assumed only uppercase can be used.

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Update.
-Fixed VC mesh issue
-Fixed all kind of case sensitivity issues
-Added key 0 to animation controls

Both Mars1994 and Chapman probes now work fine.

Sorry, O2010P1 is what it's targeted to. Can you compile the C++ code generated under O2006? If not, i can add an option to the generator.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Update.
-Fixed large vessel issues (USWS Praeon now works)
-Fixed attitude exhaust a bit, they now show, but not quite perfect yet
-Fixed O2006 compatibility

Would it be possible to join SC3 vessels into one larger .dll vessel and have a way to switch to different areas, without having to press [F3]
What exactly should this look like? Can you provide an example?

a way to control the MFD's while in the VC mode ?.
Not in SC3 specs, what should that look like?

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Many thanks for the O2006P1 option. I just finnished updating my Sulaco so this will be a good test run vessel as it is quite large and has 16 attach points and lots of animations.

:thumbup::cheers:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
On a craft I'm working on now, I had a problem with scaling animation, when the object is moved out of plane, so I had to seperate the mesh into two different meshes attached at a specific point. Now I have to press F3 to switch between the two, which makes it very awkward and kills the FUN FACTOR . I was wondering if it was possible to join the two SC3 vehicles into one .dll vessel and have a option to switch between their animations.

I guess the working MFD's is not possible. :(

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
For your animation problem, you can just make the scale component a child of the translation component, then the reference point of the scale is moved with the rest of the group

Starshipexplorer

Reaction score
Hi Artlav. Thanks for you work on this project.....I've been testing this out on various SC3 vessels. I have a question.....with SC3, one can define sounds/sound effects in the .ini, is this an option that could be implimented? The command line can point to either the main Sound/Vessel folder or a specific folder. In some cases, a specific folder is better, due to file names, etc. Just curious. One other observation, I've noticed that C++ source files are created during the GUI conversion, and it says Visual Studio 2005...can these be used, let's say, Visual Studio 2008 Express? Many thanks for your efforts.
:cheers:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
For your animation problem, you can just make the scale component a child of the translation component, then the reference point of the scale is moved with the rest of the group

Tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. The object is rotated before scaling. I think it may be a bug with SC3.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
One other observation, I've noticed that C++ source files are created during the GUI conversion, and it says Visual Studio 2005...can these be used, let's say, Visual Studio 2008 Express?
Yes, they can. VC++ 2010 can run into problems in conversion, though.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
On a craft I'm working on now, I had a problem with scaling animation, when the object is moved out of plane, so I had to seperate the mesh into two different meshes attached at a specific point. Now I have to press F3 to switch between the two, which makes it very awkward and kills the FUN FACTOR . I was wondering if it was possible to join the two SC3 vehicles into one .dll vessel and have a option to switch between their animations.
Basically, you need support for two meshes in one ini file?
It's all technically possible, only needs working out the details.
What would it look like?
Two vessels ini files would define lots of counteracting resources, like engines, camera locations, etc.
How to handle it?

Would an ability to add multiple meshes (MESHNAME_0,1,2,..= in config, MESH= parameter in animation components) be sufficient?

I guess the working MFD's is not possible. :(
Easily possible, i just don't get how to define it and what it should look like.
Separate groups for buttons in [VC] section?
Some post-editing method?
It can be defined through a config program like the one that added crew to the early version - it's Orbiter Shipyard technology after all.

with SC3, one can define sounds/sound effects in the .ini, is this an option that could be implimented?
Not impossible, i just never worked with OrbiterSound before. On the plans.

I've noticed that C++ source files are created during the GUI conversion, and it says Visual Studio 2005...can these be used, let's say, Visual Studio 2008 Express?
Hm? The cpp file can be compiled with anything from VC 6.0 to VC2010, it's a matter of project files. The project files default to MSVS2005 - common denominator of the new (2003+) project format, which should be easily convertible to any later version by automatic tools included in MSVC.

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
Easily possible, i just don't get how to define it and what it should look like.
Separate groups for buttons in [VC] section?
Some post-editing method?
It can be defined through a config program like the one that added crew to the early version - it's Orbiter Shipyard technology after all.

That would be awesome! :)

How about a separate config file for the converter to interpret additional code?.
Separate groups for the buttons seems to be fine with me. Everything that surpasses SC3 in functionality and awesomeness is appreciated ;)

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Is there/will there be any support for payloads?

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
hmm, ive used this tool to convert my old LBS project into a dll, but ive a problem with it's animation:

the animation is set to run automatically when i start any scenario, including those generated by this tool, is this a bug with the scenario (easy to find and fix) or with the code itself (very hard to find and fix), ill look at the scenario now to see if i can fix the problem, but im not sure if anyone else has ahd this problem

thanks

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are there any animation started in the scenario ?

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
never mind, i found the problem in SC3 conversion logic, not coding

i hadnt changed the scenario, so its parameters were defined in SC3 terms, with the value at -2, which seems to have confused the module into running it... my bad, should've updated the scenario's as well as the vessel :(

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
How about a separate config file for the converter to interpret additional code?.
Separate groups for the buttons seems to be fine with me. Everything that surpasses SC3 in functionality and awesomeness is appreciated ;)
Don't know. SC3 seem to swallow undefined parameters in it's ini files, so why multiply the instances? Just expand the format.
Bigger problem is that there should be control elements in the meshes - groups for buttons, etc, that are lacking in most of the SC3 vessel meshes.

can it convert multistage2 vessels too?
Not yet.

Is there/will there be any support for payloads?
Likely. I'm just starting, my impression of SC3 turned out to be quite different from real SC3, so some things were missed.

i hadnt changed the scenario, so its parameters were defined in SC3 terms, with the value at -2, which seems to have confused the module into running it
The scenario save format is different from SC3 format, so animation states won't just fall in place if you replace myvessel:spacecraft/spacecraft3 with Awesomer:myvesseldll in scn files.

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
Don't know. SC3 seem to swallow undefined parameters in it's ini files, so why multiply the instances? Just expand the format.
Bigger problem is that there should be control elements in the meshes - groups for buttons, etc, that are lacking in most of the SC3 vessel meshes.

Well, if it doesn't destroy the sc3 spacecraft if it's in the sc3.ini, than it's fine :)

So that would mean, that add-on developers just have to know which mesh groups are buttons and write that in the ini? I have no clue how VC MFD buttons usually work.