OHM Spacecraft3 to DLL&C++ converter 141006

spacemonkey81

lost in space
Reaction score
oke.....now i feel really stupid:blink:didnt notice there was a list to select from:facepalm:
completly overlooked the little arrow:rofl: it works now...well geuss it always worked, but i just developed enough brain capacity to understand

YES...multiple nerva's POWERRRRRR, glorieus limitless POWER

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It developed that this tool is wildly out of date.
Since the last release in 2011 it was forked into GenericVessel, a full blown SC3 rewrite.
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=33130
That fork fixed a (metric) ton of bugs.

So, i've updated the old tool to incorporate all the fixes and features between then and now.
Download at the same OH link - [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5177"]Spacecraft3 to DLL&C++ converter 141006[/ame]

One casualty of the update was the C++ code generation, which is so out of date that it would need a total rewrite.
As far as i can remember, it was a bell & whistle feature anyway, so no big loss.
However, should anyone need it i can fix it.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It developed that this tool is wildly out of date.
Since the last release in 2011 it was forked into GenericVessel, a full blown SC3 rewrite.
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=33130
That fork fixed a (metric) ton of bugs.

So, i've updated the old tool to incorporate all the fixes and features between then and now.
Download at the same OH link - Spacecraft3 to DLL&C++ converter 141006

One casualty of the update was the C++ code generation, which is so out of date that it would need a total rewrite.
As far as i can remember, it was a bell & whistle feature anyway, so no big loss.
However, should anyone need it i can fix it.

Out of curiosity, how exactly did the dll generator work? Did you actually write a complete compiler into the tool?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
No compiler required.
GenericVessel, Spacecraft3 and this converter's output can each be described as a parametric vessel module.
The module is always the same, but it takes some data in - parameters - and produce a specific vessel based on that.

The converter's output is exactly the same DLL that is genericvessel, only in GV's case it reads the parameters from INI file, while in this case the INI file is read by the converter itself once, and the result is attached to a blank GV DLL.

Simple.

That's also why producing C++ code from the INI is essentially a separate project, needing a separate update.

Last edited:

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
First of all thanks for their vanguard work and updates, that open new possibilities, but with the intention of improving if possible.

-The aerodynamics is not similar to that defined in the ini sapcecraft3, operates differently.

-How do you add crew besides doing a crew transfer. ??

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No compiler required.
GenericVessel, Spacecraft3 and this converter's output can each be described as a parametric vessel module.
The module is always the same, but it takes some data in - parameters - and produce a specific vessel based on that.

The converter's output is exactly the same DLL that is genericvessel, only in GV's case it reads the parameters from INI file, while in this case the INI file is read by the converter itself once, and the result is attached to a blank GV DLL.

Simple.

That's also why producing C++ code from the INI is essentially a separate project, needing a separate update.

So the module reads the INI at construction time?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add another movable attachment point to a .ini ?

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
As always, a very useful tool. :)
I would suggest re-implementing the C++ code output, as it could provide inexperienced programmers a good learning tool.

Last edited:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this Artlav.

I find having the C++ output code extremely useful and would really like to see it implemented again.

fort

Reaction score
Hello, and hello Artlav,

First, to say that i've been like if i was looking at a magician, with the converter operating.

What to say ? Thank you.

Second:

I try to give a second life to the Clydesdale in orbiter 2010 and 2015 with spacecraft3 dll ( 12 octobre 2006 version, the last ) and maybe at least as a dll - for the pods - with your sc3 to dll converter (sc3_converter_141006).

Actually with the original Clydesdale in Orbiter 2010 et 2015 ( beta r13 ) - the 1.1 vers ( [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=852"]Clydesdale V1.1[/ame] ) - the cargo pods are invisible ( they was dell'ed ).

Adaptations are possibles as, for example, simple vessel with a config file - this topic: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=35234 (C3PO and TachyonDriver) - but exhausts are not there .

I begun to write a gpcm.ini - the pod - ( starting from examples ) - height gpcm.ini in fact, for height pods - with exhausts and dedicated sounds ( for experiment the syntax ). That works. I can hear those sounds ( there: orbitersound 4.0 ).

But if a create a module - gpcm.dll - starting from the ini - the sounds are not there.

It's not so important. But is there something simple that can be made in direction of the general folders of orbitersound 4.0 or with a dedicated folder to embbed the code in the ini for sounds ( the code is at the end of the ini ) in the dll?

Joined, two version of that work: spacecraft version and dll version.

It's only a work in progress. There still adjustements to made.

(Dont ask about the virtual cockpit: it's only a try, an experience).

Thank you again and good day.

Attachments

• Clydesdale_experiments.zip
    935.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone have the previous version of the converter with the C++ code generation (v110509) ?

I no longer have my own backup and I really miss the C++ code generation feature. If anyone still has a copy, I'd really appreciate it.