OHM SpaceTrader v.0.8

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: shakal

When I searched for some economics addons, I found that Orbitrader 
does not work with the 2010th Orbiter and Orbinomics is impossible to find.
So I  make my own economic addon.

Features:
1. Trading with bases and spacestations.
2. Shipyard, where you can buy new ships.
3. Simple missions system.
4. Ability to create user-defined missions. Check SCN.bin in "missions" folder.

Don't overwrite your "Pilot.bin" file, it contains all your progres.

Changelog:
V.0.8
+Added ability to create user-defined missions.
+Added mission example: "SCN.bin" in "trader/missions".
+Again fixed shipyard. It breaks every time I change something :(.
V.0.0.7.1
+Fixed Bulletin board.
+Fixed Shipyard.cfg
V.0.0.7
+Fixed bug with Shipyard.
V.0.0.6
+Added missions.
V.0.0.4.2: 
+fixed bugs.
+added ability to trade with space stations.
V.0.0.4.0: 
+fixed bugs.
+Dynamic stock and prices, stock updates every 30 days, prices depends on amount of wares: supply goes down, the price goes up, and vice versa.
+Now row "price" in configuration file of base means maximum price.
V.0.0.3.0: 
+added "Shipyard" menu. All purchased ships will appear at Brighton Beach
+added config file for purchasable ships - "Shipyard.cfg"
V.0.0.2.0: 
+fixed bug.
added "Shipyard" menu. All purchased ships will appear at Brighton Beach, added config file for purchasable ships - "Shipyard.cfg".
V.0.0.1.0:
+Initial release.

DOWNLOAD

Shakal

Reaction score
Sorry for the error with shipyard. Replace shipyard.cfg with this:

Attachments

• Shipyard.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 12

spacecadet

Reaction score
I can't finish the transporting passengers to Wideawake mission. Is it because Wideawake doesn't have pads?

Also, I don't understand how to use SCN.BIN to make user defined missions. Perhaps some documentation would help.

I highly encourage the development of this add-on because I've found that Orbiter loses some appeal after figuring out how to reach the various planets and moons. Some game elements would help maintain challenges.

It would also be nice if the missions scaled from local missions (within the Earth-Moon system) to inner-planet missions and finally to outer-planets as the player gets more experience, money and better ships. That would enhance a sense of progression.

Shakal

Reaction score
I think Widewake have pads, maybe you just not fully stoped. If ship move, even slightly, it's not considered landed and program thinks you are not finished mission. Tomorow at evening I'll write instruction for scn.bin and upload new version.

Shakal

Reaction score
I could not get to work today, so no update.

About scn.bin - just open it with Notepad, it's usual text file, but for some reason I called it bin.

Here is example of mission entry:
Code:
mission:20 ;Mission will be activated after 20 randomly generated missions, this number always must be divisible by 10.

MissionType:9 ;completion conditions: 9 - ship in orbit, 10 - ship docked or on pad, 11 - landed anywhere on the planet.

MissionTarget:Europa ;Well, it's mission target.

Reward:10000000

MissionText:There goes mission briefing
#

Completed:There de-briefing

@
Ships:  PB-01:ShuttlePB ;also you can add ships in the simulation, if don't want add ships add "__none" in this line.
  STATUS Landed Earth
  BASE Habana:1
  POS -82.3999957 22.9994706
  HEADING 22.35
  AFCMODE 7
  PRPLEVEL 0:1.000000
  NAVFREQ 0 0
END
?

Qapla

Reaction score
I used to play Elite on the spectrum through the 80's and 90's, this is a promising addon and I look forward to using it once I learn Transx!

elocoreloco

Reaction score
I can't finish the transporting passengers to Wideawake mission. Is it because Wideawake doesn't have pads?

Open base.cfg file and replace the "i" for the line Wideawake international for a capital "I" at the first I in International, looks like the addon is case sensitive.

Qapla

Reaction score
I did a mission to the moon and it worked ok, but then I chose the Habana mission and after coming to a complete stop on the runway it told me the mission is not finished, do I need to park on a pad at all bases? or maybe i need to make sure I land at a certain runway?

Edit: I discovered that you do need to taxi to a launch pad after landing on a runway to complete the mission.

Last edited:

ahunn

Reaction score
More of this?

I would love to see this mission/trading type of addon developed. Its so much more immersive if you actually have a mission to run rather than just making stuff up to do...

Any clever coders out there keen to get things rolling?