OHM SpaceX Mission Package (2016-present)

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: kyle

Updated for CRS-16, including the accidental splashdown of the Falcon 9 first stage.

This addon recreates every SpaceX Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launches from 2015 through now. The flight profiles, launch times, ASDS/FRV locations, and payload masses are as close to historically accurate as possible.

This also includes a repaint of the Falcon 9 first stage "charred" textures for the F9 Block 4, Block 5, and Falcon Heavy. It's recommend you create a backup of your textures.

REQUIRED ADDONS:

Falcon Launch Pads and Vehicles:

Payloads:

Misc:

• UCD4 (for Iridium missions)
Major thanks again to BrianJ for bringing SpaceX to life in Orbiter 2016. 

DOWNLOAD

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Hope you guys enjoy. I've actually been working on these scenarios since 2015 for my own usage. A lot of guesswork based on incomplete info from SpaceX went into the launch profiles, especially ZUMA -- although it's probable it was directly launched into a 51 degree, ~900-1000 kilometer orbit. I'll release a scenario package for all the 2017 SpaceX Falcon 9 launches, if anyone were interested.

Major props once again to BrianJ for his fantastic SpaceX addons.

Last edited:

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice one, Kyle :thumbup:
Must take a look at this when I get a spare minute.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I also have scenarios for CRS-14 and 15 with Don's ISS AtoZ, 100% up-to-date and with the correct visiting vehicles. I just didn't want to slam too many required addons into the release.

pappy2

Reaction score
Hello Kyle
Thank you for these new scenarios I'm happy to have all the launches of 2018, but there is still a lot coming !!! :hailprobe:

Do you think of regular updates ?? :yes:

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I also have scenarios for CRS-14 and 15 with Don's ISS AtoZ, 100% up-to-date and with the correct visiting vehicles. I just didn't want to slam too many required addons into the release.

Do you have the payloads of CRS-14 ???

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I will be doing updates for each launch. I will also include previous year's missions.

I do not have the CRS-14 payloads, unfortunately.

pappy2

Reaction score
Hello Kyle,
thanks for the answer very nice job,
we are looking forward to the sequel and the year 2017

thank you in advance

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Updated to every single F9 launch in 2017, again as close to historically accurate as I possibly could make them.

A few notes: A lot of the orbits are based off of TLEs released after payload separate and what's seen on the SpaceX webcasts. Generally speaking, within a few km's, parking orbits for F9 GTO missions appear to be ~167 kilometers by 400-500 kilometers with a first stage apogee of 118-119 kilometers. F9 SECO orbits for Dragon missions are usually ~205 kilometers by 360 kilometers. It'll be interesting to compare this to Crew Dragon's launch profile, as it will likely feature a more shallow launch trajectory to eliminate any potential abort blackout zones (and may also feature an ASDS landing as a result). A lot of guesswork went into NROL-76 and X-37B, naturally, and may not be accurate.

2016 will be next, including the ill-fated AMOS-6 mission.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Last update for now for every 2016 mission, including the planned time AMOS-6 would have launched had F9 not detonated on the pad.

Next release will be a standalone solely for Orbital ATK and SpaceX CRS missions with Don's ISS AtoZ. I need to really research what part was where for these missions, especially on the JEMBUS.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Let me know if I can help. I'm a little busy to do modeling right now, but I've done some research on the missions.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Let me know if I can help. I'm a little busy to do modeling right now, but I've done some research on the missions.

If you know where I can up-to-date diagrams of the JEM EFUs I'd be grateful, as well as the ELCs and ESP2.

fatcat

Reaction score
Thanks Kyle.

Great you have done a default ISS version (my install at present) as well as the AtoZ.

pappy2

Reaction score
Hello Kyle

This is the experience of the JAXA platform on July 11, 2018.

Since the CRS-15 visit, ECOSTRESS is in place and the HREP experience that has completed its mission has been removed is installed in the DRAGON trunk for destruction upon its return.

More information here:
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?topic=14184.25

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Updated to include corrections to the Telstar 19-V scenario (Flyback to EDL, payload mass 6 tons instead of 5.4 tons).

And I see the problem with the JEM EFUs, HREP shouldn't be there post CRS-15. Will update after CRS-15.

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Updated the mass of Telstar 19V to 7075 kg and the location of OCISLY based on reports. Good luck tonight, SpaceX!

Last edited:

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I set the Telstar19V mass to 7073kg and my add-on Falcon9 is a bit over 100m/s dV short of achieving actual GTO. Even if you cut the Fuel Reserve down to 18000kg and dump the fairings a little early, it's still ~80m/s short of 36,000km ApA.

Is the add-on underpowered?
Or are they going to a sub-GTO orbit?
Or is the reported satellite mass incorrect?

Will watch the launch with interest :)
Good luck SpaceX.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
The report mass is correct via multiple sources (SFN and NSF, namely). They might be going to a sub-GTO orbit. We'll find out tonight!