SSI-3 "Cargo" Mission

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
ssi3.jpg

SSI 3 is the third live mission dedicated to the assembly of the Gaia Space Station (SSI Gaia). A Jarvis B rocket will put the Cargo module into orbit. Navigation, rendez-vous and docking with the station are performed by Moving Remote Control Systems (SCRMs).

Launch Vehicle: Jarvis-B HLV
Launch Base: Capo Passero - ASVI Pad P-A
Payload: Cargo Module
Vehicle Mass at Launch: 1.181.676 Kg
Payload Mass: 34.500 kg

Launch Date: Sunday, January 13 at 10:18:36 UTC

Docking scheduled for: Monday, January 14 at 21:45:00 UTC
Launch Window: 1 second

In case of scrub, the subsequent launch windows opens Sunday, January 20 at 09:08:15 UTC

The entire mission will be broadcasted live on Orbiter Live Missions:
http://www.livestream.com/orbiterlivemissions

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
ssi3_r10.jpg

ssi3_r11.jpg

Jarvis B rocket was transfered this morning on Pad JA ramp at Capo Passero ASVI base. Transport operations started at 09:00 local time and ended two hours later.
Engeneers plan to begin tomorrow the 3 day usual test session before the flight, including loading and unloading of propellant tanks in order to exclude leaks and a simulation of the countdown.
The launch is scheduled for Sunday, January 13 at 10:18:36 UTC . Currently the weather is GO to 70 percent with almost serene skies. Wind is the only matter of concern at the moment, with possible high gusts on southern Sicily. The launch window will be immediate, and in case of scrub to the next window opens Sunday, January 20.

The launch, as well as the mission will be broadcasted on Orbiter Live Missions, FOI web channel.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
NEWS: after many requests by some orbinauts, FOI team decided to release the first GAIA module (Elettra) on Orbit Hangar. The release will be done after the accomplishment og all SSI-3 mission goals!

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
ssi_3_10.jpg

T- 13 hours 11 minutes and counting!

Weather GO is increased at 80 per cent!

---------- Post added 01-13-13 at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-12-13 at 10:08 PM ----------

Live coverage started!

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Launch succesfull. Jarvis B rocket had a problem during second stage Main Engine Cut Off, resulting in a higher orbit than expected. This issue will be solved by using SCRM units on Cargo module navigtion system, even if this correction will burn a consistent part of on board propellant. Launch replay:

http://www.livestream.com/orbiterli...8f77&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

---------- Post added 01-14-13 at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-13-13 at 01:36 PM ----------

Mission day 2, orbit number 16, 425000 miles travelled. We're perfectly on track now.

Next burn scheduled for 11:58 UTC

Rendez-vous and docking scheduled for today at 21:45 UTC

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Final docking maneuvre started!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I can only follow a tiny bit of the conversation, but very nicely done guys!

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Thank you Phantom! It would be nice to have an English comment, we need someone who wants to do something like that!

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Congratulations on another successful docking!

By the way, do you turn on "nonspherical gravity sources"? Because I would never do that.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
By the way, do you turn on "nonspherical gravity sources"? Because I would never do that.

No, i don't. Basic MFDs give strange datas when that option is enabled. Ok, it would be more realistic, but I suppose realism to be strong enough :thumbup:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
No, i don't. Basic MFDs give strange datas when that option is enabled. Ok, it would be more realistic, but I suppose realism to be strong enough :thumbup:
Thanks, because that constantly fluctuating orbit gets annoying.