Not open for further replies.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What neets to be done?

I think I could do what you guys need as I prepared the environment last year for the tests I performed then.
The main items would be the addition of vent door animations and possibly the addition of control code for those animations. The control code would for launch reside in the RSLS and then for the rest of the mission, in a GNC GPC function. The crew can control the vent doors through the SPEC 51 OVERRIDE screen.

Last edited:

ovrocm

Reaction score
I'm trying to compile latest version of Space Shuttle Ultra (Atlantis_2o19.vcxproj) but I keep getting the following error message.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Code:
Cod                    Description              Project        Archive         Line
E0020     "ENTRY_OFFSET" not defined      Atlantis      Atlantis.cpp    2449

// ==============================================================
//                 ORBITER MODULE: Atlantis
//                  Part of the ORBITER SDK
//          Copyright (C) 2001-2003 Martin Schweiger
//                   All rights reserved
//
// Atlantis.cpp
// Reference implementation of Atlantis (Space Shuttle) vessel
// class module
//
// RMS, grappling and MMU capabilities by Robert Conley
// ==============================================================     

2447    //ADD REENTRY MESH
2448    oapiWriteLog("(SpaceShuttleUltra) [INFO] OFFSET REENTRY MESH SET");
2449    mesh_heatshield = AddMesh(hHeatShieldMesh, &ENTRY_OFFSET);
2450    oapiWriteLog("(SpaceShuttleUltra) [INFO] REENTRY MESH ADDED");

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Weird, no such errors here. Everything builds fine. Could you post which revision of the SSU source code you're trying to build? Latest should be 3282.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And which solution file he used. We have multiple different solutions sadly, which are all messed up.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm using revision 3282

Regards
Then that is very off. I test built the sources before I checked them in and they built just fine. Urwumpe, could you do a quick test build of the r.3282 sources and see if you too are experiencing any issues?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Then that is very off. I test built the sources before I checked them in and they built just fine. Urwumpe, could you do a quick test build of the r.3282 sources and see if you too are experiencing any issues?

Not right now, I still have another project open in Visual Studio.

ovrocm

Reaction score
Hi DaveS,

Thanks for your attention, but I think I was able to (partially) solve the problem. I simply uninstalled the Orbiter SSU and reinstalled the latest working version, then I updated it to the latest version and recompiled it. Orbiter seems to be working now, no CTD.

Anyway, I still get the following warning during compilation:
8>J:\ORBITER SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\Atlantis.cpp(2449,47): error C2065: 'ENTRY_OFFSET': identificador não declared
1> Atlantis.cpp
1> J: \ ORBITER SSU \ Orbitersdk \ Space Shuttle Ultra \ Atlantis.cpp (2449,47): error C2065: 'ENTRY_OFFSET': undeclared identifier
1> Ready build project "Atlantis_2019.vcxproj" - FAIL.
========== Compile: 0 successful, 1 failed, 14 updated, 1 ignored ==========

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Could you update your installation now please? I fixed the problem and things should be fine now.

ovrocm

Reaction score
Could you update your installation now please? I fixed the problem and things should be fine now.
Hi DaveS,

It seems to be fine now, thanks for your time.

8> AeroSurfaces.obj: warning LNK4075: ignoring '/ EDITANDCONTINUE' due to the '/ SAFESEH' specification
8> Creating Debug \ SpaceShuttleUltra.lib library and Debug \ SpaceShuttleUltra.exp object
8> Atlantis_2019.vcxproj -> J: \ ORBITER SSU \ Orbitersdk \ Space Shuttle Ultra \. \ .. \ .. \ Modules \ SpaceShuttleUltra.dll 8> Ready build project "Atlantis_2019.vcxproj".
========== Compile: 15 successful, 0 failed, 0 updated, 1 ignored ==========

Best Regards

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Urwumpe: I'm approaching something of an in-Orbiter test phase with the new orbiter mesh. Something I'd like to do is square up the RCS exhausts positions (currently some of them are off). Should I do that or wait until the DPS is ready?

bjsikkem

Reaction score
EDIT - resolved, update to latest DX9 client did the trick. Leaving it here in case anyone else has this problem. Thanks!

Hey all,

Just coming back to this addon after a bit away. I got a new 2016 setup, and compiled version r.3282 under VS 2019. Everything seems to have gone fine and it's running, but I'm having an odd situation with the main orbiter mesh/texture.

Basically, it seems to not be affected by ambient light at all. No matter what I put the ambient light setting at, even all the way up to 255, at nighttime the Orbiter is pitch black. The ET and SRBs and everything seem to react exactly as expected and shine brightly under high ambient light settings, but the orbiter stays the same. Even during the day the orbiter is noticeably darker than the ET/SRBs. But during the day you can at least see the texture. I've played around with a number of settings in the Orbiter visual settings as well as the DX9 plugin settings, and nothing seems to impact it.

If I turn on local light sources, the lights on the launchpad DO illuminate it. And it gets illumination from the sun. It seems that it's just an issue with ambient light.

Any thoughts? I don't recall seeing this behavior before when I was last using this mod about 6 months back or so.

See pics below. Thanks!

1st pic is daytime, ambient light set to 10:
Day10Ambient.PNG

Dusk, ambient light at 10:

Night10Ambient.PNG

Dusk, ambient light set to 100:

Night100Ambient.PNG

Dusk, ambient light set to 255:
Night255Ambient.PNG

Last edited:

bjsikkem

Reaction score
Second question, this one from compiling: Any plans to move support over to OrbiterSound5.0 vs 4.0? Minor issue, nothing pressing. Just an extra step in the process for me to have to go get OrbiterSound4.0 and extract it to get the libraries when I'm running 5.0 otherwise.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Second question, this one from compiling: Any plans to move support over to OrbiterSound5.0 vs 4.0? Minor issue, nothing pressing. Just an extra step in the process for me to have to go get OrbiterSound4.0 and extract it to get the libraries when I'm running 5.0 otherwise.
Unknown at this point.

bjsikkem

Reaction score
Running into a new odd issue.

When I start a new scenario from launch, after I get to orbit and I go to try to open the cargo doors, none of the switches on the starboard aft panel (with the payload bay door controls) function. They don't move at all when I click on them.

However, if I save the simulation, close out, and open the save, everything works fine from there on out.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Running into a new odd issue.

When I start a new scenario from launch, after I get to orbit and I go to try to open the cargo doors, none of the switches on the starboard aft panel (with the payload bay door controls) function. They don't move at all when I click on them.

However, if I save the simulation, close out, and open the save, everything works fine from there on out.
Known issue with unknown cause.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Due to a lack of time on Urwumpe's end, this project is now and until further notice in a pause mode. The sources can still be obtained but there will be no further development unless someone else decides to resume things on the coding end.

Status
Not open for further replies.