Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What do we gain from releasing bananaware?
My vote would be to delay the release to Nov. 1. This would give us a bit more time for upgrades/fixes.
And I have a brand new External Airlock and ODS in the works based on USA ICD data and actual photos. Maybe we could get the ODS operational in time by making it the next high priority item? I could have the mesh ready and done by Friday/Saturday.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And I have a brand new External Airlock and ODS in the works based on USA ICD data and actual photos. Maybe we could get the ODS operational in time by making it the next high priority item? I could have the mesh ready and done by Friday/Saturday.

Well, i had prepared the code for supporting External Airlock with or without ODS, I just have not had the chance to test it. It is possible we need to split the special A7A8 panel class into two panels, as the A8 panel is not needed for crafts without ODS.

Would also not really be against a feature freeze, but annoying.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, I would say we keep the date. But we release in release candidates, starting with RC1, and plan for a RC2 on the third October week. When no major bugs in the existing features appear in RC2, we release officially on November 1.

We should only ensure, the Release Candidate state is mentioned inside the orbiter log and on the screen during the first minutes, so nobody can claim that he has to use a RC longer than needed, because he did not know it was only a RC.
That's fine with me. We need to update the documentation before we do any public release, though; otherwise lots of people will compain that it doesn't work.

-----Posted Added-----

Donamy: The new C3 switches look good.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I finished the R2 panel also, Dave uploaded the newest VC for me. Thanks Dave.

Can we have the docking panel bug looked at ? When you look over your left shoulder in the pilot or MS2 position, the panel takes on a different panel texture, that is all messed up. The KU still does it also.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
OK, remove me from the planning for the next version. The 8.9 Catalyst upgrade now completely crashed my Radeon X850 Pro, resulting in all applications using 3D acceleration crashing. So no Orbiter development until fixed, I can't even use anim8or.

I will try to restore to a older driver version, but I don't know if that will fix it. If it does, I will write a sarcastic email to ATI....

EDIT: Great... earlier version, same problems, not even 2D acceleration left. Looks like a total loss.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
How long, do you think the down time will be ? This means the Black Dart, is on hold also ?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How long, do you think the down time will be ? This means the Black Dart, is on hold also ?

Yes, all Orbiter stuff. Not sure how long it will take, I first have to earn the money for a replacement AGP card, as a currently only have money for some maintenance on my car, which is more important.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I guess these are hard times all over. Hope you get back soon, in the mean time, I'll keep modeling.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I feel your pain. I guess these are hard times all over. Hope you get back soon, in the mean time, I'll keep modeling.

Well, once the car is done, I can also put some money away for a new AGP card, but these cards start getting rare...

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
you have a agp ? I think you need to get pci express

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
you have a agp ? I think you need to get pci express

I think you don't know my budget. For a complete turnaround of my PC, I need about 600-700 €. I have AGP now, and switching to PCI-E is currently un-affordable.

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
Urwumpe ... is your card completely 'dead-in-the-water' ... or just doesn't want to handle any kind of graphics anymore?

My Radeon 9800pro gave me fits with graphics for a little while after a driver update ... rolling back drivers didn't do squat ...

In my case, it turns out that somehow the AGP Fast-Write had gotten turned on in the BIOS. I turned that off, and dropped the AGP Mode from X4 to X2, and the stability cleared right up.

Not saying that's your problem ... but your symptoms sound a lot like mine were, and it's something to check out.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Urwumpe ... is your card completely 'dead-in-the-water' ... or just doesn't want to handle any kind of graphics anymore?

My Radeon 9800pro gave me fits with graphics for a little while after a driver update ... rolling back drivers didn't do squat ...

In my case, it turns out that somehow the AGP Fast-Write had gotten turned on in the BIOS. I turned that off, and dropped the AGP Mode from X4 to X2, and the stability cleared right up.

Not saying that's your problem ... but your symptoms sound a lot like mine were, and it's something to check out.

Thank you, I will check this, maybe it works.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fixed. DaveS, are there any sounds you have for the SSMEs and APUs?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Fixed. DaveS, are there any sounds you have for the SSMEs and APUs?
They're coming right up. This is what's going to be upload in terms of simple sound files:
-APU_start_up.wav
-APU_continues.wav
-APU_shut_down.wav
-SSME_ignition.wav
-SSME_sustain.wav
-Master_Alarm.wav

There's MA's generated when the MPS and APU/HYD systems is shut down and it is noted both in the Ascent checklist(POST-INSERTION) and the Entry checklist(POST-LANDING).

-----Posted Added-----

And the files now in in the repository. Path is "Sound\ShuttleUltra\".

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Hi all SSU team.

When this is released, we will use this as the default shuttle for our ISSU.

Just a few questions:

. How many attachment points are there in the payload bay?
. Will this release include an OBSS?
. Will this release include a mid-deck?
. Will this release include animations for an extendible docking ring?
. Will this release feature hatch open animations?
. Will this release be only 1 shuttle, or will you get them all like on SF?

Thanks - we will design all our payloads for this, looking to upgrade to final version when it is available.

Cheers,
-Pete

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Since we've lost a major contributor (for the time being), what's available for release is in question. I don't think it's fair to ask that Siamese Cat, do all the coding alone. A firm release date now, is doubtful. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.