SSV Vessels couldnt appear when scenario starts

Press2MECO

Reaction score
Did anyone ever come up with a solution to this problem?
I just now tried working a new install of SSV per the instructions, and am coming up with the same issue - no vessels showing and odd tearing in the planet mapping.
Orbitersim works well following the website instructions up until the point where you copy over the SSV files. So wondering what file needs to be replaced to get Orbitersim/SSV operational. Thanks.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It sort of looks like you didn't install any textures...somehow.

You downloaded this one, right?
1707100391119.png

Also, could you [both] post your orbiter.log file?

Reactions: GLS

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Yeah, it looks like the vessels are not present or not loading.
The tearing of the surface is a terrain issue at lat 0º, lon 0º and 180º, and it is not caused by SSV.

Press2MECO

Reaction score
It sort of looks like you didn't install any textures...somehow.

You downloaded this one, right?
View attachment 36692

Also, could you [both] post your orbiter.log file?
OK - that appears to have been the issue. When I initially downloaded it, I downloaded a zip from the green "CODE" button. I had been working with an extracted file called "SSV-trunk". The contents looked correct, but apparenlty they were not. So not sure what I was working with there.
When I found and downloaded the one you're showing that appears to have cleared everything up. At least for me. Thanks for the quick reply on this one!

Reactions: GLS

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
OK - that appears to have been the issue. When I initially downloaded it, I downloaded a zip from the green "CODE" button. I had been working with an extracted file called "SSV-trunk". The contents looked correct, but apparenlty they were not. So not sure what I was working with there.
When I found and downloaded the one you're showing that appears to have cleared everything up. At least for me. Thanks for the quick reply on this one!
What you downloaded was just a compressed archive of what is in the SSV Github repository, more specifically the main trunk contents. This repository do not contain any compiled code for Orbiter to use. It's just the actual source code that is used to build the modules that Orbiter uses.