Update Star Trek Fleet Addons Cleanup...

ChristopherT

Reaction score
I know TGEP is working on updating some of my TOS ships, but after downloading some of the addons and looking through them, I found a bunch of problems. It's embarrasing, but the USS Lexington seems to have the docs for the SS Botany Bay... So, I'll release TGEP's refits as he gives me permission to upload them, but I'm going back and clean up all my old addons. This includes correcting any documentation, true-scaling the meshes so they are fleet compatible and writing new .cfg files...

TGEP has an excellent touch on his refits and I know everyone will look forward to seeing his take on the ships...:thumbup:

Thanks, Guys! :rofl:

ChristopherT

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Excellent. I'm looking forward to see the refits.

:cheers:

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yes. A medical ship. Captained by Beverly Crusher

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Beverly Picard, as she was referred to in the episode.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in here to let you folks know that there will be a MK-III version of the Enterprise B availible soon. I'm working on the mesh right now.

There will be a few mesh fixes and it will feature a fully functional lower shuttle bay. I'm also planning on a release of the never seen Enterprise-C with a functional hangar bay after that.

I've got litterally tonns of stuff to sort thru and arrange for refit as well as quite a few " never before seen in the hangar " ships that will be coming out in the future ( after being properly tested by the deck apes over at the Rag Tag Fleet of course :) ) so you will have to bare with me as things go at a slower pace than many would like.

I will also say that every major race from the Trek Universe will get similar treatment ..... I'm just giving preferance to the Federation first by virtue of the fact that there is just so much material to cover.

It's really gratifying to see how well my refits have been received so far so and I'd just like to say thanks to Christopher-T for all his help and encouragement on this project and thanks to all the other Orbinaughts out there who took the time to download them and give them a spin.

More good things are in the pipeline for the Trek Universe including Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, and of course those pesky Breen !
:cheers:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What you need is a Star Trek Ummu crew. and A universal Transporter. Like UmmUFB but modified to transfer to any vessel no matter how far.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
What you need is a Star Trek Ummu crew. and A universal Transporter. Like UmmUFB but modified to transfer to any vessel no matter how far.
Rather to any unshielded vessel in range of 40000 kilometers. ;)

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
If I can dig up my old FASA book for Star Trek Tactical Combat Simulator, I may have some pictures of the Enterprise C. If you're interested?

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Cool to hear this, tgep. I'm looking forward to future refits.

Last edited:

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
If I can dig up my old FASA book for Star Trek Tactical Combat Simulator, I may have some pictures of the Enterprise C. If you're interested?

Any detail shots you can send along would help. Right now I'm using the Embassidor class design because that was the cannon referance from ST-TNG.

ChristopherT

Reaction score
Any detail shots you can send along would help. Right now I'm using the Embassidor class design because that was the cannon referance from ST-TNG.

The "Ambassador" Class ships like the Enterprise NCC-1701-B were used by Starfleet Command. The Embassidor Class cruisers are assigned to the Diplomatic Corps...:thumbup: The USS Snafu, NCC-666 is an Embassidor Class cruiser...:lol:

ChristopherT

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
How big and detailed are these models ? Have you considered really big ships like the Enterprise with multiple decks etc ? I wonder if there is a limit to the complexity of a mesh that Orbiter can load.

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
yeah....but the main ship was also called Enterprise I think......the main ship in any star trek episode is Enterprise !! :p