Support for multiple monitors

vittguy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum after having lurked for a number of years. I've always wanted to get into NASSP but I knew it would devour my life if I let it. Now that I'm semi-retired (from JSC no less) I have time to learn the sim. I'm slowly feeling my way around and hope I won't be a nuisance as I ask questions here and there.

First question is whether of not there's a way to support multiple monitors in the sim. I'd love to have the panel views on one monitor and an external view on another. I haven't been able to find anything on that in the forum thus far and I don't see any provision for it in the setup so I suspect it's not there, but I wanted to ask.

The sim is awesome and all who have been working on it for so many years are to be greatly congratulated. This is a priceless historical artifact.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hi and welcome to the forums and to NASSP!

Currently there is no way to show Orbiter in multiple "windows". The only thing that comes close to multiple window support is that you can drag the external MFDs onto a 2nd monitor so they don't clutter up your main sim window.

I don't know too much about the nuts and bolts of the graphics client, but I don't think this is a complete technical impossibility. @jarmonik would be a good one to get input from on this multiple window/client instance question.

With respect to questions, please don't hesitate to ask as many as you like. Answering questions is a big part of what projects like NASSP and VirtualAGC are here for, whether that's directly or experientially. In fact, since you mentioned JSC we may even have some questions for you :)

If you'd like, also please feel free to visit us on discord or IRC.

vittguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. If there's anything you think I can bring from my background at JSC (and some from KSC) please don't hesitate to ask. I'll look into discord for sure.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him