Surface bases other than Cape Canaveral

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
Ok so when you load a scenario, create your own scenario, it always loads up KSC and other surface bases like Habana for example. Yet some bases just aren't there, for example Edwards AFB. I don't understand how you get them to appear. Like in one of my scenarios, the Baikinor base or whatever its called is there, but if I go there in another scenario, it isn't. I've looked at the code in the .scn files, but can't see any difference. So is there a way to make all the bases appear in a scenario, just would be nice to know I could land at any base should I choose to.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
In the basic installation, only the surface bases of Cape Canaveral and Habana are visible, while all other bases are included as invisible bases for the purposes of navigation. You need to download or make add-ons for making these invisible bases visible.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Check your Earth cfg file too. Make sure they're listed and also that there's only one cfg for the base in question.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
I like flying from Edwards to Kennedy because thats the route the astronauts took when they were training (I'm flying my T-38).
Thanks.
Ryan.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I like flying from Edwards to Kennedy because thats the route the astronauts took when they were training (I'm flying my T-38).
Thanks.
Ryan.
Ehhh, JSC(Johnson Space Center) is located in Houston, TX which is the home center for the NASA astronaut corps.

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
So can you download bases like Edwards for example? Thanks for the info, I'll have a look around

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Check your Earth cfg file too. Make sure they're listed and also that there's only one cfg for the base in question.

I believe that this is a relict of Orbiter 2005. The 2006 version only needs bases' folder names in the bodies' *.cfg

So can you download bases like Edwards for example? Thanks for the info, I'll have a look around

http://www.gule.it/Orbiter/

and from OrbitHagar Search page:

http://www.orbithangar.com/searchre...cat=surfacebases&Submit=Search&OrbVer=default

[EDIT]

I will also need to make a program that changes all invisible bases to Habana style base, for the purpose of Orbitrader global trading.