IMFD Surface Launch Program

MeeexC

Reaction score
Hello!

I wanted to use the Surface Launch Program from IMFD for my launch timing today. I have loaded the XR2 Scn "1 - Ready for takeoff to ISS".
But the Surface Launch Program does not show any data from the Course Program.
What I did:

Left IMFD: MNU -> Course -> Target Intercept -> Target: ISS -> TEj: 0

Right IMFD: MNU -> OpMode: 0 -> Surface Launch

So the course data should be used by the right IMFD for the Surface Launch Program, right?

Best
Max

turtle91

Reaction score
IMFD has some kind of a "share" function.
You need to "share" the left MFD to the right MFD in your case.
So launch-data can be "Injected" via "MFD-share-function".

The "share" function is somewhere on the main-page of IMFD.
So you need to set "share 0" on the right MFD. So right MFD "queries" left MFD.

But however, I am pretty sure, that there are even much more complicated was to go to the ISS.
Why not using the simple efficient way ?
You could use Launch-MFD and on top...if using the XR-crafts...use scramMFD to perform a semi-auto SCRAM ascent.
Just disable the pitch program (PTC button) in Launch-MFD and let scramMFD handle the pitch.
While launch-MFD still manages the heading.

The rest is standard stuff...just watch your APA and do the circulation burn at apoapsis (i.e. BurnMFD is quit helpfull for this last task).

MeeexC

Reaction score
Hello Turtle,

yes, that's what I meant by "OpMode:0", I share the date from left (0) with right. But there is no data available.
Sure, I know there is another way to launch to ISS, that was something like my minimal example. It should work here too if I want to use it elsewhere, shouldn't it?
Launch MFD is another question ;-)

Best

Krishnan

I believe, my friends, caravans of rockets
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Hello!

I wanted to use the Surface Launch Program from IMFD for my launch timing today. I have loaded the XR2 Scn "1 - Ready for takeoff to ISS".
But the Surface Launch Program does not show any data from the Course Program.
What I did:

Left IMFD: MNU -> Course -> Target Intercept -> Target: ISS -> TEj: 0

Right IMFD: MNU -> OpMode: 0 -> Surface Launch

So the course data should be used by the right IMFD for the Surface Launch Program, right?

Best
Max
I think it is about TEj being zero, since you are not in an orbit, but on the ground. Just use Surface Launch.

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Barbarian's method : look at Map MFD. Wait untill ISS passes above your position. Launch with the same Inc. Then standard procedure for Rendez-vous (align plane / sync Orbit). Done. :p

More seriously : i don't use IMFD for ISS missions, but i think "target intercept" isn't the good program. I use Target Intercept when i'm out of earth's sphere of influence, as to make corrections or plane change for interplanetary travels. As you and the ISS orbit the same body (earth), a tangential transfer could be better. But i don't know if the datas are shared between left and right MFDs for this program. I'm at work right now, and they don't allow me to play Orbiter ! ;)
A small but good advice i can give to you is don't forget to "refresh" MFD on the right when ISS is 180° from your position on the last orbit before launch. You'll get a more accurate solution. It's to be done for interplanetary flights too. I hope it helps, have a nice docking !

Phogyaxe

Reaction score
After loading PursuitMFD_2016 it doesn't show up in my mfd launch list. Even after turning on the module in the setup module section. Any ideas or is there a better landing and launch MFD for hover vessels like Altair, MAV lander and any other moon landing vehicle.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I use LaunchMFD for launching, usually manually launch and get my orientation close then hit the AP. For landing, I like HoverMFD, you can select hover, heli, or tailsitter modes, and it uses the nav/com frequencies for the base and pad, or enter any long/lat.
Not sure why Pursuit doesn’t show, works here. Occasionally my Win10 zip extractor misses files, so, recently I’ve been copying from the Zip folder to the appropriate folders manually. Had to do the XR5 that way. Maybe check for missing files.