OHM Surface Speed MFD V2.11

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: topper0710

Add-on Description:
Improved version of Surface Speed MFD with several features.

This MFD was designed to have only one MFD in the final approach phase which allows you to have all the data you need to land on a base pad or anywhere on a surface only using RCS and your hover engine.

Some features are:
- Another CTD has been fixed (new in R 2.11)
- Glide Path is shown (new)
- A Target can be selected by Base/Pad, COM/NAV (frequency) or manual by longitude/latitude (new)
- Map zoom and Speed zoom are separated (new)
- Auto zoom for target for the "map zoom" (new)
- Distance to target is shown in the lower left corner (new)
- For the final touch down, the Glide path preview scale will switch from distance / altitude (green line) to time / altitude (red line), if your speed is lower than 1m/s (new)
- The fast bubble is staying at the border instead going out of range
- A CTD bug has been fixed (hopefully)
- Bases and base pads are shown
- VOR's will be shown if they are selected in the COM / NAV MFD
- Altitude, rate of descent, vertical acceleration and several vectors are shown

After some training, it is possible to land a spacecraft blind at a specific base pad at Brighton Beach only using this instrument and only using RCS and hover engine in the final approach phase. See the included replay for a demonstration.

Released under the terms of the LGPL: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt

Please note, that the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012" is required to run this add on. You can get it here.

DOWNLOAD

Linguofreak

Reaction score
- VOR's would be shown if they are selected

Request for clarification here: Does this mean "selected in COM/NAV" or "selected in this MFD".

Also, "would be" should be "will be".

- Altitude, seek rate, vertical acceleration and several vectors are shown

By "seek rate" do you mean "sink rate"?

The MFD itself looks great. I probably won't be using VOR/VTOL MFD anymore.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi,
Request for clarification here: Does this mean "selected in COM/NAV" or "selected in this MFD".

The MFD displays the VORs which are selected in the COM / NAV MFD.

Also, "would be" should be "will be".
By "seek rate" do you mean "sink rate"?
Sink rate is corect. I updated the description, thanks a lot!

:cheers:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:10sign:

Top job!!!

The only issue I have is that it doesn't like my Danish/Faroese keyboard layout. The +/- keys don't work on some MFDs, and this is sadly one of them.

The only improvement I can think of is to tie the auto-zoom to the NAV radio targets. When a VOR is in range the zoom should snap to a range that shows it. Similarly once a Pad is in range (and tuned in) it should snap to it's range.
Tying the zoom to the speed is a bit tricky if you have a low powered ship.

But I still give this 10/10. It's a new must have! :thumbup: I can live with using the mouse to switch scale. I like flight instruments so much better than autopilots.

Fantastic work!!! One of the best X-mas pressies ever! :bighug:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Topper is this MFD dependent on any Microsoft dlls or,this perhaps Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable?thanks,and Happy Holidays

Last edited:

vsfx

Orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Topper is this MFD dependent on any Microsoft dlls or,this perhaps Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable?thanks,and Happy Holidays

Seconded, I have an error stating that MSVCP70.dll is missing.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
MSVCP70? That's from VC++ 2002?

Last edited:

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ok, can someone please check out if one of this files works without any MSVCP70 dll? (And if yes which one? Or maybe both...)
I'm sorry but I have only one PC where I installed all the stuff... But it's compiled with VS 2012 so it should be up to date but I'm not a VS expert...

Last edited:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, can someone please check out if one of this files works without any MSVCP70 dll? (And if yes which one? Or maybe both...)
I'm sorry but I have only one PC where I installed all the stuff... But it's compiled with VS 2012 so it should be up to date but I'm not a VS expert...

Hmm - no sign of MSVCP70 in the dependencies from either of those files.

grid4dante

Reaction score
I tried both of the those files, md and mt, and they both returned with MSVCP110.dll missing... I also tried the original, and got the message for 70...

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Yes I also received the msvcp110.dll is missing too,but now it works great after installing Microsoft C++visual basic 2012,and it,is very impressive,thanks for this great Xmas gift.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've updated the version at orbithanger.
The new build should not require msvcp110.dll. Please let me know if it is ok now.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Did you hard-link the redist into your code? If so, that's bad. Much better to ask people to install the required redistributables themselves, so that if they need patching for security reasons, you don't have hardcoded issues.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Did you hard-link the redist into your code? If so, that's bad. Much better to ask people to install the required redistributables themselves, so that if they need patching for security reasons, you don't have hardcoded issues.

I did what I found here:
http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3618

But you are right, so I did make the modifications undo.
And I also excluded some bindings in the source code which were not necessary anymore...
The result is uploaded at orbithangar.
But Im not 100% sure if the msvcp110.dll is reqired for this build or not...
Is there any free tool to check that?

I hope everybody can live now with the note I add to the description at orbithangar...

Last edited:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I did what I found here:
http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=32940

But you are right, so I did make the modifications undo.
And I also excluded some bindings in the source code which were not necessary anymore...
The result is uploaded at orbithangar.
But Im not 100% sure if the msvcp110.dll is reqired for this build or not...
Is there any free tool to check that?

Yes - it's called DependencyWalker. That's what I used earlier to look for any sign of those old MSVCP70 dlls. Your code needs ORBITER.EXE (of course!), MSVCP110.DLL, MSVCR110.DLL, and then indirect links into KERNEL32.DLL and then deeper into the OS. People seeing any missing MSVCP110 or MSVCR110 should simply install the VC++ 2012 redist.

It would be cool if we had a standard installer tool that could resolve these dependencies, and do things like delete files from old releases, port settings to new formats, etc. Maybe next Xmas Day? :)

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes - it's called DependencyWalker. That's what I used earlier to look for any sign of those old MSVCP70 dlls. Your code needs ORBITER.EXE (of course!), MSVCP110.DLL, MSVCR110.DLL, and then indirect links into KERNEL32.DLL and then deeper into the OS.
Thank you just tested it, great tool!

People seeing any missing MSVCP110 or MSVCR110 should simply install the VC++ 2012 redist.
Thats why I add the following note at orbithangar:

Please note, that the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4" is required to run this add on. You can get it here.
It should be clear now to everybody who will download the add-on :tiphat:

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
It should be clear now to everybody who will download the add-on

Yes, quite clear. However, I can't see it as a choice of MFDs to use. I've installed MSVCP110.dll AND Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 AND turned it on in the modules list on the Orbiter launchpad.

????

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, quite clear. However, I can't see it as a choice of MFDs to use. I've installed MSVCP110.dll AND Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 AND turned it on in the modules list on the Orbiter launchpad.

????

Hi NukeET,

I just tested the Plugin again with a new installation of Orbiter and can't reproduce the problem.

So all I can do is to reccomend you to do the following steps:

- Try to run the plugin on a clean installation (Build 100830)
- Download the latest version of the Plugin (V2.02)
- Activate the module "Surface Speed MFD" under "MDF modes" in the orbiter launchpad (Maybe you activated the old version which was just called "SurfaceSpeed"?)

- You can also try to activate the MFD by keyboard "Shift + U" (If not allready used by another MFD)

???

Michael_Chr

Reaction score
Very brilliant MFD. Makes it possible perform lunar manual deorbits and landings that are quite close to optimum performance. If you pay attention to the cueing provided by this MFD you will not experience any "overshoots" etc. when slowing for landing. Give it my highest recommandation.