Project Systems modelling

insane_alien

Reaction score
So, i'm bored and it turns out that the mercury/gemini sources are a mess.

If anyone wants some help modelling systems in their addon just throw us a reply here.

i can do environmental and possibly electrical systems.

can't do the actually programming of the .dll though. i'm weak in C++

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
HELP! :lol:

I hope the other SSU devs don't mind, but I would really like to Shanghai you for our project, even without C++ skills, I know your work. We have enough EPS and ECLSS work around to be done, and somebody who can help in the technical aspects of it would be nice. I just notice often enough how weak I am in working with ODEs.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
For example, we sure soon want to add the ECLSS, could you maybe make a model which has the many cabin volumes as some sort of FEM, accurate enough that we could have the smoke detectors react to fires in different locations?

Additionally to the cabin, I would like to have the various configurations of airlock and spacelab/spacehab included, do you think you can do that?

Or maybe do similar work for the OMS/RCS/MPS/etc tanks - there we also have more instrumentation than fingers on the astronauts hands, I will not complain about having more realistic models there.

If you want to do it, we should discuss the details in the SSU subforum.

insane_alien

Reaction score
i should be able to do all those things. i'll head over to the SSU forum then.

by the way, don't let this stop anyone else asking for some systems modelling. if i'm just working on one thing all the time i'll get bored. i can handle 2 or 3.

EDIT: dumb question, where exactly is the SSU subforum?