Tell us about yourself!

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You forgot to mention the yellow form for crewed flights. Its necessary because of the purple memo. Also, does he intend to fly to the moon? Entering a new gravity well requires a properly filed permit A38. ?

For rowboats registration please adress to the port authority.

Pahema

Reaction score
Hi all. I never know what to say about myself so I generally avoid these sections like the proverbial plague.

I've been using Orbiter 2010+P1 (mostly) for years now. It's been on-and-off (mostly off, really) so I keep forgetting key-strokes and general order of procedures so it's a bit of an up-hill battle.

I love this sim, though.

Anyway, cheers, mates, from the land of Aus.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Hi all. I never know what to say about myself so I generally avoid these sections like the proverbial plague.

I've been using Orbiter 2010+P1 (mostly) for years now. It's been on-and-off (mostly off, really) so I keep forgetting key-strokes and general order of procedures so it's a bit of an up-hill battle.

I love this sim, though.

Anyway, cheers, mates, from the land of Aus.
:welcome: (back?) to Orbiter Forum!

The choice between Orbiter 2010 and Orbiter 2016 is up to the user's personal taste. I generally use Orbiter 2016, although I seldom fire Orbiter 2010 to test my add-ons for backwards compatibility (if possible). I also had problems playing Orbiter when I first played it back in 2018, but now I have (almost) conquered the basics of Orbiter.

aglaemxaa

Reaction score
Hello there! I'm a civil aviation engineer and space enthusiast coming back to Orbiter after dabbling a little about 10 years ago, understanding very little about orbital physics at the time and now understanding a bit more after a spending a few years hauling Kerbals into space. Love the new (for me) 2016 version :)

interpird

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am a 26 year old PhD student in physics and I recently decided to pick up Orbiter again. Looking forward to learn more about some advanced MFDs (aerobrake, transx, etc.) as I never looked into those when I played previously (on Orbiter 2010). Cheers.

wookie

Reaction score
Hi there, I am a 32 year old software engineer (C/C++/Python, mainly) who decided to get back to Orbiter after watching series of videos on YouTube from David Courtney. I cannot remember exactly when I discovered Orbiter, but it was probably between 2003 and 2005. Man, did I spend dozens of hours learning the basics of orbital mechanics and navigation back then! I remember replaying this Olympus to Phobos then Deimos tutorial over and over again, learning lots of concepts along the way.
I was thrilled to learn earlier this year about the open sourcing of Orbiter on GitHub. What a fantastic milestone. Anyway, I hope my rookie skills aren't too far away in memory!

wysiwyg

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello World
I Have been a fan of Orbiter(s) for quite long. I dropped for a few years and I am back with delight into the mix of tech and poetry that Orbiter 2016 provides.
Cheers
Wysiwyg

smeagol

Reaction score
Kia ora koutou, I want to see if I can get back into Orbiter having enjoyed playing a while ago. I've always wanted to touch down on the moon and to report that "Smeagol has landed!" I am from Aotearoa/New Zealand. Smeagol.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It’s relatively easy to land on the moon manually from low orbit with the stock DG to Brighton Beach with nothing more than Orbit, Map, and Surface MFDs.:welcome:

TacitRonin

Reaction score
Hello. I'm Justin and I have been playing around with Orbiter for about four years, I've just now gotten around to joining a forum and learning more about the program. I have a lot of experience with making 3D meshes and am interested in making some addons.

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hi here. I never introduced myself, it's time to do. I'm 51 (already...), today i live in France, near Brest, Bretagne, but i was born and lived 35 years in northern France. I wasn't good at school, i found more interesting roaming in the streets with my friends, drinking beer and smoking... things. I went in the Army, french Navy, embarked aboard FASM Dupleix, anti-submarine frigate, for 16 months. Then i found a job at SKF Aero Engine France (ex SNFA), as a simple control operator. The customers were Pratt & Wittney, Honeywell, Rolls Royce, Bombardier, SNECMA, EADS... I worked hard, and 5 years later i became chief of a control unit. During that period, i married and had a son. In early 2002, my son's health became bad, and we discovered he has a genetical desease called Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrom, or 4P-. A terrible nightmare begun. His mother and i fought so hard to keep him alive and healthy that our couple exploded. But we were able to be intelligent enough to make a good divorce. Once departed, my own life became even darker because of bad family relations. In 2007 i met a wife on the internet, and in 2008 i saled my house, quited my job and moved to Bretagne. Then i rebuild a brand new life from scratch, with my delicious second wife. I've found another job, begun as a simple operator, and now i'm becoming the Quality Chief of the enterprise i work for. I'm still doing my job for Aeronautic's, Spatial's and Defence's customers. My son's health is way better, even if he's heavily handicaped, but he's a nice guy, always in a good mood, and he learns me so much...

I've discovered Orbiter in 2009/2010, just before the 2010 P1 release. I wasn't that much interested in space before, i was just looking for cool simulators. But Orbiter blown my mind. I've learned a lot of things, read books, watched videos, read forums, and spent a lot of time trying to master the monster. At this time, things were still difficult in my life, and Orbiter was like a therapy. During a few hours, i was able to forget everything, focused on MFDs, .cfg, .ini, and i still remember how proud i was to achieve my first not-so-circular orbit. So, i'd like to thank Martin, the community, and all the developers who helped me so much in those bad moments, alowing me to breath in Space, build new dreams and learn so much. You all made my sky deeper. All the best to all of you.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi here. I never introduced myself, it's time to do. I'm 51 (already...), today i live in France, near Brest, Bretagne, but i was born and lived 35 years in northern France. I wasn't good at school, i found more interesting roaming in the streets with my friends, drinking beer and smoking... things. I went in the Army, french Navy, embarked aboard FASM Dupleix, anti-submarine frigate, for 16 months. Then i found a job at SKF Aero Engine France (ex SNFA), as a simple control operator. The customers were Pratt & Wittney, Honeywell, Rolls Royce, Bombardier, SNECMA, EADS... I worked hard, and 5 years later i became chief of a control unit. During that period, i married and had a son. In early 2002, my son's health became bad, and we discovered he has a genetical desease called Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrom, or 4P-. A terrible nightmare begun. His mother and i fought so hard to keep him alive and healthy that our couple exploded. But we were able to be intelligent enough to make a good divorce. Once departed, my own life became even darker because of bad family relations. In 2007 i met a wife on the internet, and in 2008 i saled my house, quited my job and moved to Bretagne. Then i rebuild a brand new life from scratch, with my delicious second wife. I've found another job, begun as a simple operator, and now i'm becoming the Quality Chief of the enterprise i work for. I'm still doing my job for Aeronautic's, Spatial's and Defence's customers. My son's health is way better, even if he's heavily handicaped, but he's a nice guy, always in a good mood, and he learns me so much...

I've discovered Orbiter in 2009/2010, just before the 2010 P1 release. I wasn't that much interested in space before, i was just looking for cool simulators. But Orbiter blown my mind. I've learned a lot of things, read books, watched videos, read forums, and spent a lot of time trying to master the monster. At this time, things were still difficult in my life, and Orbiter was like a therapy. During a few hours, i was able to forget everything, focused on MFDs, .cfg, .ini, and i still remember how proud i was to achieve my first not-so-circular orbit. So, i'd like to thank Martin, the community, and all the developers who helped me so much in those bad moments, alowing me to breath in Space, build new dreams and learn so much. You all made my sky deeper. All the best to all of you.
Hello and welcome!

Well, aside from career (application developer for a global manufacturing company), you and I seem to have much in common. I also have a special needs child. Her mother and I divorced 10 years ago (also very amicable, and we still work together to provide the best possible environment for our daughter), and it was about that time I sort of fell off the planet as far as Orbiter and addon development is concerned, though it definitely got me through some rough spots when my daughter's health took some different turns than expected. I tried later to get back into development, but time is just not available these days. I recently remarried as well and also moved cities. I have both 2010 and 2016 installed on my flight sim PC, but I don't think I've even launched the program in at least six months. At any rate, welcome to O-F!

Crow T Robot

Reaction score
Not exactly new to Orbiter (been playing since before it had sound!) I have only recently gotten back into it after a being away for a few years. I finally have a system that can handle hi-res textures. Have spent the past few days downloading all the old addons. Too bad Dan Steph's stuff doesn't really work in 2016. If there's ever an orbiter developer Hall of Fame, he should be in it next to Doug Beachy and Greg Burch. (Greg's stuff was a serious attempt to build an entire space travelling infrastructure.)
He was later beaten the developers of World of 2001, which I can't seem to find any where.

Anyway, that's me, an old codger who taught myself the rocket equation just so I could calculate delta-v (god bless the Burn Time Calculator.)

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!

Well, aside from career (application developer for a global manufacturing company), you and I seem to have much in common. I also have a special needs child. Her mother and I divorced 10 years ago (also very amicable, and we still work together to provide the best possible environment for our daughter), and it was about that time I sort of fell off the planet as far as Orbiter and addon development is concerned, though it definitely got me through some rough spots when my daughter's health took some different turns than expected. I tried later to get back into development, but time is just not available these days. I recently remarried as well and also moved cities. I have both 2010 and 2016 installed on my flight sim PC, but I don't think I've even launched the program in at least six months. At any rate, welcome to O-F!
Hi. Thanx for your kind words, i hope all will be as good as possible for you and your beloved ones. I didn't and don't develop anything, it's something i'd like to, but there's a lot to learn, and a day lasts only 24h. I'm thinking about something to share with the community, an idea only, but i think it's a good one. The description will be a huge exercise, as i want to write it in english without automated translator. My will is only, maybe, give inspiration to devs to take this idea and do something with. If my name apears somewhere in the doc, i'll be rawarded :). Believe it or not, but i feel a bit shy to open a thread on OF and throw a long text, knowing it could be read by experts. As i'm "only" an end-user, it requires some courage !

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not exactly new to Orbiter (been playing since before it had sound!) I have only recently gotten back into it after a being away for a few years. I finally have a system that can handle hi-res textures. Have spent the past few days downloading all the old addons. Too bad Dan Steph's stuff doesn't really work in 2016. If there's ever an orbiter developer Hall of Fame, he should be in it next to Doug Beachy and Greg Burch. (Greg's stuff was a serious attempt to build an entire space travelling infrastructure.)
He was later beaten the developers of World of 2001, which I can't seem to find any where.

Anyway, that's me, an old codger who taught myself the rocket equation just so I could calculate delta-v (god bless the Burn Time Calculator.)
My absolute favorite username I've seen, possibly anywhere on the Internet!

Crap. Sorry, I gotta go, we've got movie sign.....

Eccentric

Reaction score
It has been many years since I've played, but going through some old drives I found numerous tutorial videos I downloaded way back in the mists of time. Got to searching for current versions, and imagine my huge smile when I discovered that dansteph.658/ had updated the Arrow Freighter. That was my all-time favorite on Orbiter 2010.

So... I'm back!

Midnightsrhythm

Reaction score
Hello I've loved this simulator since it first came out and I'm new to this forum --- I'll contribute more in the future

Duvstep

Reaction score
Hey all; my name is Duvanie Smart and I am from Jamaica. Currently 21 years old and pursuing a degree in computer science. Recently got into orbiter again after getting a new gaming laptop for my birthday so i decided to pick the sim back up again after being without a good computer for a while.