Tell us about yourself!

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello. :hello: My name is Abolohit Das.
I am 13 years old and stay in Kolkata, India.
I should have posted on this forum a long time back.
I am an absolute space (& Orbiter) nut.

Ross

Reaction score
Hello!

Hello everybody out there! My name is Andrew, and I live in Colorado. I tried orbiter out about a year ago and just redownloaded it and I am determined to learn how to dock with the spacestation!:hello:

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
My name is Dan, I'm 15, turning 16 in November. You've probably seen me here, and on the M6 forum when I was only 10-12 years old. I kinda stopped orbiter, but played it periodically after June 2007. I hope to study engineering and become an Air Force pilot, not a fighter pilot, just like a C-130 (I have glasses). Eventually, I aspire to fly onboard an Orion Capsule and walk on the moon. Besides flying simulators and reading about science/engineering, I also enjoy guitar, skiing, piano, cycling, camping, and watching (american) football (GO PACK!).

jathey88

Reaction score
Thanks Martin and everyone that has put time into Orbiter. I have always dreamed about going into space and now I finally can. I have been exploring Orbiter since 2005. I think the boundaries for Orbiter are limitless. With DGIV Dan just touched the human aspect. What about food consumption and waste variables? Just an idea. Again thank you to everyone that works on Orbiter. I wish there was a counter to log all the hours I have played the simulator.

Aldrasio

Reaction score
My name's Kevin, I'm 20 years old, and I heard about Orbiter 3 weeks ago and found that it was exactly the kind of simulator I'd always wanted. Just tonight I managed to dock with the ISS for the first time, though I'd managed to get to the Moon and Jupiter before.

Currently a second-year computer science major, and hobbies include skiing, parkour, speedcubing, and reading.

OrbiterSpore

Clean Furry, of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
Hello. i want to mantain privacy so i will give my last name only. i'm Lucas, 13 years old and i really like orbiter, besides that i usually try to play NASA's game "Moon Base Alpha" on steam (but can't! :( ), i keep visiting my (post there!!) topics in the forum, i keep watching The Discovery and History Channel (really good signal reception here since brazil is near equatorial satellitie orbits! :lol: )to explore this field. i think the DG-IV is one of the best ships of orbiter and i want that Space ship One go cheap someday to buy :)rofl:) i WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT go to space SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! :LOL!: Just the day thet everyone realizes that money is only there for barring pepole to go space, i will be there. if anyone agrees with me just say: "HAIL: ALL HAIL THE PROBE!:hail: :probe:"
:cheers:

My name is Dan, I'm 15, turning 16 in November(...)Eventually, I aspire to fly onboard an Orion Capsule and walk on the moon(...)

So wait me there til i finish 18! :lol:

Last edited:

Hagen69

Reaction score
Hi
just a quick intro
I`m Kev in UK 55 and retired but not ready to nail the lid down yet:)
I will admit to being used to computers but not that much of an expert. Found this little program Orbiter while looking for and old Luner Landing program we used to try and write of computers back in the mid 70`s (yep they did have them back then )
Have managed to achieve orbit, dock with ISS and even insert into Lunar Orbit but landing still gives me sleepless nights :p

Thanks for running this great forum for all us wannabe astronuts

Cheers

Kev:tiphat:

Irgkenya4

Reaction score
HI All

I Am 14 years old and live in Kisumu, Kenya. i found orbiter on the amazon page for FSX Space shuttle Expansion Pack. I love any Flight simulators but i have a netbook! :thumbsdown: Orbiter is the only one that will even work on my resolution so a very very thank-full thanks to Martin Schweiger for making orbiter non graphics Intensive. I Have FSX and IL-2 And can play them on my dads comp but not very often. i have a 23kB/s internet connection so all my games are single player:thumbup::thumbsdown:

acesax23

O-F Facebook Correspondent
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
well , Hail Probe!
My real name is Ace Allen .. 14 years old.
proud of my nationality. And certified Atenean! Ateneo is a school.
i chose Acesax as my nick because it's Unique! and nobody owns it.
well , I've been playing Orbiter since June '10 !! i thought Orbiter was difficult , but i was wrong !
besides Orbiter, my hobbies are,
Basketball , Guitar , Drums , Football (soccer) , astronomy (searching for extra-terrestrials!!) and grooving !
well , just look at my album if you want to see my face. LOL
Hail Probe!
And my mission next month is becoming an addon developer.
well , Nothing is Impossible.

And i have a message to those who finds hard in Orbiter.
"GO PLAY IN SPACE"
try and try until you succeed ..
And , In order to rise , we have to fall.
Hail Probe everyone!

Last edited:

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Off World:
I'm Captain Darren Hensley, of the USS Pabilli, 29th Century Wells Class Time Ship, Time Fleet, United Federation of Planets. I have a crew of about 60 helping me put her together in the Shipyards of Mars. I've been working on her for about 2 years.

On World
I'm Mr Hensley, Server Engineer, Northrop Grumman, Battle Command Training Command(BCTP), I have a Bachelors degree in Network and Communications Management, I'm half way through my Masters of Teaching(MAT), and 1/3 the way through my Masters of Information Systems(MIS) Degrees.

I've been working in Adobe CS4 for 3 years, and 3DS Max 2011 for about 4 months. I'm working on a mesh (non-game related, sorry) of the next step in space stations. I call it Gateway Station. Because I'm new to 3d drawing many of the features of my station are based on the available NASA 3ds files, and Google Sketchup. I have however found several good source files within this community to perpetuate and help me finish the details of the station. I have drawn from scratch a rendition of the VASIMR Propulsion system.

My greatest difficulty is learning how to overlay objects with textures to properly skin out my objects. I hope to take a course from Autodesk in the near future which should help clear up some questions.

I am interested in finding an accurate reproduction of Robonaut 2, the search continues.
This is a great place to enjoy, and at some point I'll learn how to run the game, and simulate a few missions. I have downloaded a great deal of resources already, but will be on the lookout for others as my knowledge and requirements progress.

Thanks for allowing me to join this awesome group, It ranks high among the other groups of which I am already a member; Sci-Fi Meshes, Bridge Commander, and Okudagrams. I hope to contribute a Wells class time ship, with a low poly count and detailed interiors that will enhance the collection of ships within this forum.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Now, this is the story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suite case and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait, I hear the prissy, booze, whine, all that
Is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well uh, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested yet.
I just got here!
I sprang with the quickness, like lightening disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I can say is that this cab was rare
But I thought 'Man forget it' - 'Yo home to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked to my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

:lol: Just kidding, I'm 13 I live in Melbourne, Australia and I like to play video games, new or old, and Orbiter of course.
That's basically me.

Darren

Reaction score
Ok all my life I've wanted to be an astronaut. But having lost my leg when I was 3 I never had a chance. Personally I think amputees would make great astronauts. After all legs are totally unnecessary in micro-gravity and considering the high cost of lifting each pound into space you'd save about 40 pounds per crew member if they were amputees. I know it could be a liability in an emergency but functional prosthetic legs could be designed that are lighter than real flesh legs. My own fake leg is quite a lot lighter than my real leg and I'm a below knee amputee.

I'm glad to have found this forum as I'm clueless with computer programing and add-ons. Hoping to get some help here. Well I'm off to explore some more.

Starman

Reaction score
I'm Back!

Hi All:

I'm Norman Purves, I teach astronomy & physics at University Hawai'i, Hilo. I uased to post on the old forum, now I've joined the new one.

I've built some a/c for Microsoft FS, and some for Orbiter (which I have never uploaded); I have a large backload of 3d models, using Abacus FSDS. I intend to make ships for orbiter, once I get the hang of all the techniques.

It's good to be back!

Nazban

Reaction score
Hey all, My name is Naz, im 14 years old, living in Dubai, and have been playing orbiter for about 1 1/2 years now. Being an astronaut has always been my dream and still remains to be, i always have been interested in flight, altough i wear glasses i have had to 'downscale' my ambitions somewhat, but im also am highly interested in astrophysics. My other hobbies(other than orbiting) include playing the piano.....and ummmm thats all i guess :rolleyes:

REFSMMAT

Reaction score
Hello :tiphat:

Sorry, but I want to keep privacy, so no names here :)

I am 30 years old, from Germany, and I am interested in space flight as long as it explores the solar system far beyond earth orbit and manned. So only Apollo remains for now. I am also interested in aeronautics as long as it does not pursue military purposes. Yes, I am a pacifist. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war. - Albert Einstein

I am using Orbiter and other simulations already for quite a while. But basically I consider myself a virtual airline pilot (MSFS). We all need our dreams. Don't we? :lol:

Best Regards :hello:

And by the way: :hailprobe:

Alnor

Phisycally, still trekker
Reaction score
Well, Hi!

My real name is Vadim and I am from Moscow. My English is not so good as it should be(that I think), so my apologies. I am a little bit shy...

Before I met the Orbiter, I used Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 on some rare soviet planes like Tu-114, Tu-124 and Tu-134. And also, I fly in IL-2 sometimes. Now I use my free time in Orbiter, trying to do flights better and landings softer =). I really love space tech (one of several reasons: I am a Star Trek half-fan:huh:) and I enjoy studying the space physics. But I am not a astrophysicist =).

And my best regards to You, orbinauts(I hope, somebody knows Russian =), or at least use a google translator): Пусть этот форум живёт вечно!

tahotim

Reaction score
HI !!!!

Tim here, from Nevada.
49 yrs old and I grew up with visions of Apollo in my head. I always wanted to be an astronaut, but for now ( lol ) im an F.A.A. repair technician, and a rookie Orbinaut !!!

Last edited:

joeb123

Reaction score
Hey!

My name is Joe, and I live around Chicago, Illinois. I am 50 this year; so I remember "Ace" on the Commodore 64 system; I know it was a game, and not a simulator, but it was UNBELIEVABLE at that time. I have tried probably most of the simulators since that time, and currently I have fs2006, but I have not touched it since I installed Orbiter! I have always been a kind of dashboard-designing nut, looking to have all the relevant instruments that I consider imperative; I remember a really cool one I made for an SR71 that had in-dash cameras (actually fs view windows) so I could see out of the damned thing! That was long ago; but it sure has been a fun ride! I have some college-level schooling in c++, and I have been playing with 3d modeling for some time, and I am looking forward to interacting with the whole Orbiter experience! I know, I am quite verbose, perhaps I better sign off, and say Hello! and Goodbye!
ttfn
jb:hailprobe:

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
Well, Hi!

My real name is Vadim and I am from Moscow. My English is not so good as it should be(that I think), so my apologies. I am a little bit shy...

Before I met the Orbiter, I used Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 on some rare soviet planes like Tu-114, Tu-124 and Tu-134. And also, I fly in IL-2 sometimes. Now I use my free time in Orbiter, trying to do flights better and landings softer =). I really love space tech (one of several reasons: I am a Star Trek half-fan) and I enjoy studying the space physics. But I am not a astrophysicist =).

And my best regards to You, orbinauts(I hope, somebody knows Russian =), or at least use a google translator): Пусть этот форум живёт вечно!

Welcome to Orbiter - I was an IL-2 virtual pilot as well, having played it since the first day of its release. It was the perfect blend of realism and graphical immersion and I enjoyed being able to use any and all historical tactics to my advantage in multiplayer.

See you in orbit tovarisch :)