Announcement Tex Steps Down / Forum Ownership Change

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And so it comes full circle.

Thanks Tex. It took (and takes) a lot of wisdom to walk the successful path you have.

I have no doubt you will be successful where ever you go and on what ever you do.

I hope we get a chance to talk further sometime.

Your name is synonymous with "Quality" in my mind.

Cheers my Friend :cheers:

Last edited:

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Sad to see you go Tex; this is the only Forum I ever spend time on and you've done a great job with it over the years.
Best wishes to you and your future endeavers !

Lord Wasteland

Orbinaut
Reaction score
Well goodbye Tex. You worked long and hard, and you have done a job well done.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone for your extremely kind words and support! It makes me very happy to see how much you guys enjoy the forum, and although I never made addons for Orbiter, I'm thrilled that I was able to contribute to the community via this forum. While I originally set things up, we would not have had the same success without the support of you all, Martin, and of course our staff members. :cheers:

May we all live long and prosper! :tiphat:

Ah, my friend. You created THE add-on. The best of all add-ons; this forum. I've spent at least as many hours enjoying O-F as I have playing Orbiter. And that is a lot of hours!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah, my friend. You created THE add-on. The best of all add-ons; this forum.
That was beautiful.

I've spent at least as many hours enjoying O-F as I have playing Orbiter. And that is a lot of hours!
:hesaid:
To be honest I've spent perhaps an order of magnitude more time here than playing/tinkering with Orbiter itself. :cheers:

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Tex, this is the only place on the web which feels like being "at home". Your efforts in setting up and keeping this place are highly appreciated.

I sincerely wish you all the best for your future plans, I know you will succeed. Whenever there will be a chance, let me invite you to a beer (should I ever visit Texas, who knows :cheers:). Please stop by here from time to time, in this most fantastic community you helped welding togehter!

Take care Blake, you'll be on our minds! Good luck with all you do, man!

Rafael

:cheers:

Whatever

Reaction score
Long-time lurker...best wishes Tex, you will be missed. Thanks for all of the years of hard work.

W.

Will

Reaction score
I have not posted many times here but have been a member for a while and have been frequently visiting this site for most of that time. I have to say that this is one of the best communities on the web. Always willing to answer questions and very rarely any arrogant "oh God, not this again" posts (although, quite rightly, the search bar is frequently pointed out). This is not least due to Tex's fantastic leadership and management, it certainly won't be the same without you.
Thank you, and all the best in your future endeavors.

Will Wilson

Geirunni

Earth-Lunar Shuttle Pilot
Reaction score
Website
geirmund.org
Wow, I have been away for a little while and the bomb gets dropped... :facepalm:

Seriously, best of luck in all of your future endeavors. May you continue to help light the path to the cosmos.....

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Bye thanks for creating this website... Wish you best of luck in other ventures...

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
[:jawdrops:]

Tex
Good luck on your new way and may you succeed in all of your endeavours.
This community will not truly be the same without you, but I understand you.
It has been my pleasure to be here on the O-F, and even though I haven't been here for very long, I've got this feeling like this is my second family.
Farewell, mighty Tex! :)

:cheers::salute::bighug::thankyou:

(...Man, we really need a biking smily here! :))

bcond2

Reaction score
Thank you for all your videos about the O-F and how to use transx you have up on youtube Tex. They been a lot of help seen a join the place. You done a go job here. Do come and drop in when you can Tex everone here would like it a lot.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thank you for all your videos about the O-F and how to use transx you have up on youtube Tex.

Thanks very much, but I can't take credit for the transx tutorials. One of our members here by the name 'flytandem' actually made those, but I'm glad to hear they helped as I know they helped me immensely. :thumbup:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Thanks for creating this website, without you, this forum wouldnt be anywhere. Good luck in you're future endeavours, and I hope that success will follow you in whatever you do. :salute:

P.S. You can count on me for OFSS III flight 18 ;)

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Haven't been around myself lately, but wanted to check in and add my thanks for picking up the pieces when M6 had its "major malfunction," and everything you've not only brought to the community, but creating the community for everyone to participate in. Best always...:cheers:

jstowe96

Orbiter add-on creator noob
Reaction score
I may not have been so active but Tex, you have been a great leader making this community come together. I know the next person that will take the leadership will do as great as you did in your reign here in this community. I hope you the best wishes in your future, and hope to see you back here soon.

-Mike