Update Texturer wanted for Refuel's Earth Orbiting Platform panel

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you good with Photoshop or GIMP?

ReFuel's Earth Orbiting Platform needs someone to make a 2D panel to control the space station's systems.

Criteria:

-Both panels must be 1024 X 768 8-bit bitmaps
-An 'authentic' panel dating 2069 (style is up to you ;))
-Use the sketches in this .zip as a template, and follow the specs file:
View attachment EOP_Panel_Spec.zip

If you're interested, say so in this thread. This is a chance to "work" for ReFuel LLC, one of the most successful virtual space companies in orbiter.

If you have a question, send a pm to:
-escapetomsfate
-TNeo
-Hipotok1978 (ReFuel owner)

Thanks ^^

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com
AIA has a good relationship with Refuel, and AIA Systems would be happy to develop and adapt our touch screen technology for this purpose.

Here is a pic of a basic default example, originally configured for the Resolve.

resolvedash-example.jpg

How does a variation of that grab you as a possibility?

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How does a variation of that grab you as a possibility?

It grabs me so hard I'm having trouble breathing. :p

A touch-screen type interface is exactly what I had in mind. :)

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So, do you want me to start throwing a first draft together? Or shall we wait for the Refuel CEO to give it the nod first?

You can go ahead with the first draft, I'm sure ReFuel will approve.

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
how dare you assume I would approve.... j/k

ya I have no problem with WHAP doing some work... Welcome aboard WHAP

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Hey gents,

Here is the first draft of the main panel. This is pretty much a direct lift from your instructions. I don't think it uses the on-screen real-estate as well as we could. So I thought I would post this up and get some feedback before I dev it further.

So let me know what you think, about layout, style, text etc. and I can work a second draft (if you want to pursue it).

REFUELDASH1.jpg

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am not sure we need all those autopilots for a space station. If the dll properly places the Center of Mass for the station, about the only AP we would need would be killrot to take care of a rocking effect that would build up on the station... other than that, it looks great and I have no complaints

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey gents,

Here is the first draft of the main panel. This is pretty much a direct lift from your instructions. I don't think it uses the on-screen real-estate as well as we could. So I thought I would post this up and get some feedback before I dev it further.

So let me know what you think, about layout, style, text etc. and I can work a second draft (if you want to pursue it).

REFUELDASH1.jpg

:OMG:

That looks awesome! Thank you!

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Glad you like it so far.

I only added all the attitude control buttons because I had them. If you don't need them, I can take them out. So a few questions before I do draft 2:

1. What do you want me to do with the freed up space after removing buttons? Just leave it spacious, make the buttons bigger, or add some sexy starttrek style lines linking stuff up for no reason? ;)

2. The mfd buttons on the monitor bottom border. Do you think this looks odd? Given that it is all one touch screen, power buttons for the mfd's only seems strange to me - althoiugh I do like the buttons themselves. I was thinking I could lift the mfd's a bit and but touch screen mfd control buttons instead. Then maybe just have one MASTER on/off for the whole screen? Lemme know.

3. on/off button schemes. What colour do you want the 'on' buttons to be for each one? In the previous versions I did, I had one set with orange borders when on, the other filled the black bg of each button with blue... what would you like?

4. What dimensions do you want the top panel to be?

It's nice to contribute to the Refuel Station project, since now I'm doing a lunar base instead of a space station, yours will be the main half-way house between WIN and Toehold.

anyway, lemme know your answers and I'll see if I can get it doen for you this weekend.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Here's examples for you to ponder over:
onoffs.jpg

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
the only engines on EOP are a series of RCS thrusters that provide both translation and rotation to maneuver the station around orbital debris, provide reboots and stabilize the station once the gyro's get saturated. I have thought about in the finished product that the 16 tanks onboard that hold the 20t of propellant each should have some sort of crossfeed to help balance the CoM. As the onboard fuel gets depleted the CoM on the station will shift farther towards the hab modules so balancing the load out would be important between refueling missions

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1. We'll have to think, something that's practical and aesthetic :p

2. I think, keep the MFD buttons how they are and add a master on / off.

3. Whatever you think, I'm no good with colours.

4. same as the last - 1024 x 768 8-bit bitmap.

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Cool, well then I'll let you have a think and get back to me.

re: #4. If the top panel is the same as this one, given what you have listed as needed, there will be a huge amount of empty screen... no?

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Cool, well then I'll let you have a think and get back to me.

re: #4. If the top panel is the same as this one, given what you have listed as needed, there will be a huge amount of empty screen... no?

Draw the actual panel about 1024 x 300 on a 1024 x 768 canvas and leave the rest white, it will be rendered transparent.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score

If you can make enough space, try to fit the stuff from the second panel onto the first.

EDIT:
I see, nevermind. Disregard what I just said. :p

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Any progress with the panel?

If you're waiting for an answer from us for #1, just do whatever you think.

Thanks for doing this :)

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Yeah sorry guys, been distracted and busy over the last week or so. I shall endevour to get it done this week for you. I'm on annual leave from this friday, so once I'm off work I'll def find the time, if not before.