Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Frilock is talking about the ROUND-8 toroidal fuel tank part. Apparently the devs are planning on replacing the regular liquid rocket fuel in the part with xenon propellant (for ion engines), and a lot of KSP players don't want the change.

So make a copy of the current .cfg for it, rebalance it to play nicely with 1.0, and release it as an addon. :shrug: Don't see why they're up in arms about it. Hell, I'll probably make a Firespitter driven fuel switch setup for it.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
HarvesteR, just wanted to wish you all the best for Monday.

I think a lot of Obiter-Forum have been following your progress and have a special connection to KSP as the son of one of our own.

Thanks for all your hard work, and may all your rockets fly straight and true.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And may that nice game continue to be improved (weather ?) ;)

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

I think a lot of Obiter-Forum have been following your progress and have a special connection to KSP as the son of one of our own.

Too bad there isn't a Probe easter-egg in there somewhere.... :hailprobe:
:cheers:

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

I removed the x64 branch off Steam to avoid confusion. The win64 build was outdated and unstable, so we decided to take it down for the time being.

x64 is now on the backburner until a stable version comes along... That's not up to us though, so we can do nothing more than wait and see.

Cheers

Linux x64 will still be available at release, right? What good use other than satelitte image processing would I put my 32 GB of RAM through if not for the Mother-of-all-Modded-KSPs ... :lol:

HarvesteR

Reaction score

:cheers: :tiphat:

Many thanks!!

Cheers!

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm following the countdown previews, so far the new features look really promising. Especially the better aerodynamics, spacecraft blowing like fireworks during reentry, yeah ! :)

Stock fairings and mining were expected too, nice to see they made it :yes:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In my days we had to use spreadsheets to figure out if we were in a stable orbit...and we liked it!

:thumbup:
Remember the thread where we tried to figure out the mass and radius of Kerbin?

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
There really is a little bit of misty eye over this. I remember this thread first popping up, I can't remember when exactly I purchased, but I really got whole hog into it about a year and a half ago when I started watching Scott Manley's videos on KSP, and now I've just come off watching his preview of 1.0.

It's still mind boggling, even by proxy, that KSP ended up where it did, and even moreso that it came from one of our members. I know I'm not the first, but I felt I just had to say my part.

Congrats to you and the team HarvesteR, you dun did gud.

HarvesteR

Reaction score
:thumbup:
Remember the thread where we tried to figure out the mass and radius of Kerbin?

That was this thread, around page 10 or so, heh (I was reading through the early pages the other day).

Cheers

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed is that the game itself has become more polished, so have the Kerbals in their space program.

Launching your spacecraft heavily strutted and exposed on the top of a wobbly rocket was part of the charm circa late 2012. Now with larger rackets, fairings, better structural integrity, etc. it is as if the player should not expect their rockets to fail...

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed is that the game itself has become more polished, so have the Kerbals in their space program.

Launching your spacecraft heavily strutted and exposed on the top of a wobbly rocket was part of the charm circa late 2012. Now with larger rackets, fairings, better structural integrity, etc. it is as if the player should not expect their rockets to fail...

Hah. Hahahahahahah.

I can hear the sweet symphony of RUD on the wind already.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Cool camera shake effect! Would be nice as a mod for Orbiter cinematics (e.g. external shots during re-entry - [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2062"]CamShake[/ame] only works for virtual cockpits)

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Hah. Hahahahahahah.

I can hear the sweet symphony of RUD on the wind already.

Not that they are not going to crash...:lol:

But I mean, circa 2012ish the rockets sort of looked like they were made from junkyard parts by a species of brave but dumb little creatures that had no real business having a space program. But that was part of the fun...it made it okay to fail. You don't know much about rocket science? Good, neither do the Kerbals. You will learn together through trial and error.

Aircraft and spacecraft that I am seeing in 1.0 preview, (and really for quite a while) look much more polished somehow, with much more appropriate parts. That's a good thing. I get that you are supposed to go through a tech tree now. But the feel seems a bit different, a bit more serious. Hard to explain.