Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm going to wait quietly for the full 1.1 release (and some mods compatibility update), just as I do for Orbiter 2016 ;)

4v9nPAA.jpg

An happy space tourist.

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

The code is: 417072696c20466f6f6c

Enjoy! :thumbup:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That one actually got me, then I remembered what day it was. Well played Mr. Manley, well played.

Did you try to run the cheatcode through a hex translator? :)

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Did you try to run the cheatcode through a hex translator? :)

I didn't see the video before I was forewarned about it here (reading on my phone so the embedded video doesn't work), but I didn't parse the hex when I saw the code here. When I watched the video later, as he was reading off a byte at a time it instantly stood out that every byte was an ASCII printable character. 20 was instantly recognizable as space, then came 46, then came the same byte twice, and I knew exactly what the "cheat code" was.

"April Fool" indeed!

EDIT: This reminds me, though, of how I discovered that KSP used human-readable saves. I was paying the demo and screwed something up, so I decided to try to edit my save. I assumed it would be binary, like so many games, and thought I probably would hit a dead end trying to parse it, so I opened it up in a hex editor. It took me longer than it should have to realize the MSB of every byte was clear.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
1.1 update (release) is now available on the KSP servers :cheers:

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Well, I think it's only fair that I write a special message here, where it all first started.

I've stepped down as lead developer for KSP. It's been a long, amazing journey, and I have a lot of people to thank for it.

But I wanted to add my special thanks here to the OF community, that was here before it all started, and helped me out so much back then, even when nobody knew what it was that I was talking about.

Thank you all for believing in our project, and thank you for accepting KSP into this very small (but thankfully growing) group of games and simulators. You could have seen it as competition, but instead we stood side by side as friends.

KSP will, of course, keep its course. I have complete faith in every member of the KSP team, and I know they'll do their best as they always do, and that they're going to keep building KSP up into the best it can be. I'm very much looking forward to see what they come up with.

As for me, it's time to look forward to new things. I go, but be assured that I go without losing sight of where it all began.

I'm not saying goodbye, I'm still going to hang around here as always, so that would be unnecessary. I just wanted to say thank you again, and Hail Probe!

:cheers:

Cheers

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Good luck in your new ventures (I assume outside of Squad, but you haven't specified that bit, only that you're no longer lead dev of KSP)! :)

And obviously thank you for your effort behind KSP and the many many hours spent playing it, with it having contributed to my decision to study Space Engineering! :) (According to steam it's only around 400 hours, but I only transferred the license after quite some time, so who knows what the total tally is like.)

Last edited:

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Thank you HarvesteR! Your kerbals and their backwards Spanish will stay with me forever.

Good luck for the future.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I, for one, want to thank HarvesteR for "bridging" the path for Orbiter... with it's simplified, smaller and more "experimental" approach to learning spaceflight, I'm sure quite a few recent orbinauts started off blowing unsuspecting Kerbals into charred greenish splatters on a launchpad... :p

:cheers::salute:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/developerarticles.html/my-farewell-to-ksp-r193/

I tried to use Orbiter in 2010 but couldn't do much in it such as even getting to Orbit, afew years later I played Kerbal, ofcourse had to view guides on youtube and things to learn, from there I went back to Orbiter. KSP is a really good stepping stone to Orbiter. Maybe today it is different with David's Orbiter videos.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
If you missed the change in the topic's title, or you didn't opt-out from 'prerelease' branch (on Steam; you need to opt-out from the beta to get the new update), KSP version 1.2 is out now. :p