Gaming The Return of the Geek-Pit

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi there

So, now that it's been about 1 and a half months since I moved to Canada, I have pretty much just about "finished" the first and most crucial steps of putting my beast of a PC back together... it was no easy feat, and you'll soon know why :lol:

well, instead of re posting the whole story again, I'll just put up a link for my blog where you can read all about it.

there ya go: http://moachcraft.tumblr.com/private/64725771511/tumblr_mv1mriHGIy1qmgc9x

anyways, I've wrote this pretty much as a review for the Volair Sim chassis, around which the whole setup is built - Their CEO replied saying it was one of the most elaborate and unique assemblies he's seen done with his company's kit, then said it would be featured in their website news section :cheers:

but now (about 2 days after posting that) those pictures are already outdated... :lol:

since my room is painted yellow, and the lighting is all in "warm" colors - I went down to the hardware store again this afternoon and bought a clever little light-socket-on-a-clamp thingy and a pack of cool-tone fluorescent bulbs (plus a few other doodads)

i then attached this cool clamp-a-lamp device to the frame behind my monitors, so it flood-lights the room by bouncing light off the wall and ceiling...

bottomline: EVERYONE should do this! :thumbup:

the resulting ambient light is perfect for computer usage - it not only compensates for the yellowish bias, but completely removes any reflective glare from the screen, since the lamp is behind it - but you don't get a bright light directly to your face or have to suffer from the most common alternative: the burning monitor vs. dark room effect, aka: migraine-o-matic

this cheap, easy fix just might have bought me several more years before I have to consider getting glasses -- plus, it looks pretty sweet! :)

I'll post a picture tomorrow, it'll look better when it's actually running... and if I turn it on again, I'll never get any proper sleep tonight (this laptop here is keeping me up long enough as it is)

I'll keep this thread going with my geek-pit updates, btw: this is known (by me, at least) as the "Mark-5 GeekPit NxGen" at it's present state

:cheers:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
MOACH!!!!! :bighug:

Any idea on when you might get working on the Starliner again?