Total # of Orbiter downloads (from inception)?

foundpra

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone know what the total number of Orbiter downloads is?
(From the inception of the software)

I noticed something like 17,000 "orbinauts" registered
on this forum... Wondering if # of downloads of actual
software significantly higher.

TY

MikeB

Reaction score
I've downloaded at least four versions multiple times, certainly more than 20 downloads since 2009.

Siliconaut

Reaction score
Sheesh. I've had every version of orbiter on my hard drive since the day I found version 1 in 2002 or 2003 maybe. Hard to remember that far back but it was EARLY in the development. But the one thing that has always been there through all these years, was the stunning Atlantis Launch into Sunrise scenario. Every time a new version comes out I fly that scenario and land the shuttle and every version that sunrise gets better and better.

Having played Microsoft SpaceSim for years and looking for something new I used that newfangled engine... Google I think it was and found out about this guy named Martin Schweiger and his project to make rocket science accessible to The People. LOL nothing but the basics on that version. Gosh, thinking back that was so barebones compared to what the community has done over the decades of development. Either way, Orbiter taught me so much about orbital mechanics and rocket science. Virtually everything I know about spaceflight I learned in the context of orbiter.

I couldn't even begin to imagine the number of downloads since then. How many people fell in love with this thing or just downloaded it and said WTF? This thing is stupid.

Last edited: