Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
O-F Staff Note: Thread renamed to "Train carrying three Boeings derails in Montana".

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
What was it called before??

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ouch... And I thought someone attacked the train with Photoshop when I saw the picture in the Random Comments Thread...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ouch... And I thought someone attacked the train with Photoshop when I saw the picture in the Random Comments Thread...

I was pretty sure that it was real, because many details had been perfectly right.

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
"And here we see Hippopotamus Aeronauticus in an unnatural setting; an alien species accidentally introduced to the American continent after a railroad accident in 2014..." [/davidattenboroughvoice]

1404607302000-AP-Montana-Train-Derailment.jpg

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Hope so too, but one has to keep in mind that these were raw fuselages, with nothing inside, not completely outfitted aircraft, so the losses shouldn't be so horrendous.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I doubt those fuselages will ever fly. One had the tailcone torn off, another had the front right section of the cabin smashed in...

What a mess!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hope so too, but one has to keep in mind that these were raw fuselages, with nothing inside, not completely outfitted aircraft, so the losses shouldn't be so horrendous.

The damages can still be pretty high, since it happened right in the middle of production. Think of delivery delays or idle units in later production steps. If the track is the only route between the factories, it could even mean much more damages, since this then affects other orders as well.

Would all three planes just been destroyed by a Moai stampede 5 minutes before delivery, it would have been cheaper for sure.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Where the Niflsheim did you get that idea?? :rofl:

I think T.Neo was the first to come up with it. He deserves the credit in my case at least. :cheers: