General Question Translation mode RCS

nwinley

Reaction score
Hi innocent_bystander,

I've been away from orbiter for a few years and are just starting to get back into it. Your add-on looks like just the thing I'm looking for for my, as yet only imaginary simpit, I plan to give it a go when I get home.

In the meantime, and this might be outside the scope of your work (and I'll probably be told off for not having a thorough search for threads covering it elsewhere) but is there a way to create a toggle switch for low power RCS instead of a modifier key?

Keep up the good work,

Nick.

D-mo

Orbiter Contributor
Reaction score
In the meantime, and this might be outside the scope of your work (and I'll probably be told off for not having a thorough search for threads covering it elsewhere) but is there a way to create a toggle switch for low power RCS instead of a modifier key?

Should be doable. Please explain a bit more on how it would work.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I would imagine he means a toggle mode... shot in the dark here because I've wanted such a thing.

Just a key that toggles fine mode on and off, instead of having to press the modifier key continually.

D-mo

Orbiter Contributor
Reaction score
I would imagine he means a toggle mode... shot in the dark here because I've wanted such a thing.

Just a key that toggles fine mode on and off, instead of having to press the modifier key continually.

Can probably be done. I will try to slip it in next week maybe. Feel free to bug me bug me if I go off radar.

nwinley

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow reply. Yes statickid, that's exactly what I'm after. Thanks again for your excellent work innocent_bystander.

Cheers,

Nick

D-mo

Orbiter Contributor
Reaction score

Sorry for the slow reply. Yes statickid, that's exactly what I'm after. Thanks again for your excellent work innocent_bystander.

Cheers,

Nick

OK guys, your wishes have been granted. Check out this version. It removes all LPRCS... mappings and adds RCSLowPowerToggle mapping, which switches between full and low power modes.

I haven't tested it yet, so lemme know if it does/doesn't work.

Share and enjoy. :cheers:

nwinley

Reaction score
Thanks innocent_bystander,

I've been playing with your latest version and it seems to work very nicely. The only bug I came across was that at one point the RCS sound effect stayed on continuously. Not sure whether that was down to your plug in or OrbiterSound. Speaking of which, now all that's required is a helpful voice prompt to remind you when you've engaged RCS low power mode :).

Cheers,

Nick.

Mipada

Reaction score
Sorry, I was wrong. I can't delete this

Sorry, i was away... The editor says this thread is over a month old but,...
Can't you go from translation to rotation by pressing CTRL key?

Code:
RCSPitchUp = NUMPAD2
RCSPitchDown = NUMPAD8
RCSYawLeft = NUMPAD6
RCSYawRight = NUMPAD4
RCSBankLeft = NUMPAD3
RCSBankRight = NUMPAD1

RCSUp = NUMPAD2 CTRL
RCSDown = NUMPAD8 CTRL
RCSLeft = NUMPAD6 CTRL
RCSRight = NUMPAD4 CTRL
RCSForward = NUMPAD5
RCSBack = NUMPAD5 CTRL
Also, note that I use it for forward/backward translation.

Last edited:

sottaceto

Reaction score
I think this module is not working with the new version of orbiter... is there any chance to have it fixed?

LeePalmer

Reaction score
Spacecraft configuration files.

Does anyone have a full/complete of version of spacecraft configuration file, stored in folder: config .

As described orbiter configuration user manual PDF. Section 2.5
:)
Regards

Lee