Question TransX auto burn

NOMAD

Reaction score
I have learn TransX for a while.I think TransX is a good tool for space flight.But I have a question:why TransX doesn't have auto burn feature?
Sometimes I think auto burn is useful,such as the voyager flight.It can help me reduce trajectory error when I do the eject burn. So I think we can add this feature to TransX MFD. Is there and I have the same view?

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
Who knows what the future holds for TransX. This navigation tool was created by Duncan Sharpe and later picked up for additional revisions by Steve Arch. Currently, Steve is away in Africa for a year and nobody (that I'm aware of) is working to upgrade or even offer support for TransX.

Perhaps an autopilot is in the future of TransX. But not only would that take away lot of the fun IMO, it's not really necessary. The precision to do the burns as shown in maneuvers is far greater than the accuracy of the maneuver itself. For example, if you set up a maneuver to eject it's easy to get to .01 m/s of the planned deltav. Yet it still causes you to be needing substantial mid course corrections. If you were to trial end error to find out what the best delatv in the maneuver should have been, you would probably find it is sometimes several m/s different than what TransX had calculated. So maybe we should be working to fix the accuracy of TransX not the ability to precisely do the manual burns.
rob

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
hello, I'm the one who have the duty to maintain transX.
But i'm also under many other projects (galactic map3D, The new francophone site, orbiter challenges....)

What I expect for future of transX is of course a good autoburn.
It won't be hard to make, I've already made such things for test purpose.

But I hope i'll find time to do that.....

another huge thing i'd like to make is to merge transX and my galactic map. adding animation into transx and a better menu. but it will take much time too.....

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I am looking forward to it!
I could spare the autoburn feature, as I find that plucking the values in BTC myself is more fun. But the map integration and an overall overhaul of the gui would be very welcome.

NOMAD

Reaction score
Sounds good! I am looking forward to it!