Trouble calculating launch azimuth

Parnikkapore

Reaction score
Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the second page.

Last edited:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Oh, and I don't think I have a habit of insulting people online - feel free to skim through my post history and try to dig up examples, I think that'll go blank.

Challenge accepted.
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=546804&postcount=61

Please allow me a smile at the fact that after telling me that it's not as simple as... blah blah

Personally I don't see any reason why I can't be part of two communities and participate in discussions here - especially since I am interested in spaceflight and believe I have accumulated a reasonable body of knowledge about how to operate spacecraft by now which I try to share. The same goes for discussions of physics questions.

In the post which offended you so very much, in addition to the smiley marking this as not so serious there was also zero mention of a simulator other than Orbiter. Neither does my signature advertize any other simulator. I am very consciously trying to contribute to this community here and by and large keep my non-Orbiter activities in its own thread (unless there's a specific reason not to). There's also plenty of people in the Orbiter community who enjoy flying Digital Combat Simulator - does that make them less worthy?

I'm sorry, but I feel it's you who wants to erect fences here and reacts in a needlessly hostile way with 'go elsewhere' to a harmless joke. If you want to frame this in an 'us vs. them' scheme, be assured I do not.

As far as I can tell, your main focus on O-F is to promote your FlightGear development. Which is fair enough. But I don't go to FG forum and imply that their hobby is inferior to mine. If you are not interested in spaceflight simulation by your own admission, then why else are you here?

Last edited:

Thorsten

Reaction score
If you are not interested in spaceflight simulation by your own admission, then why else are you here?

My own admission (which you even quoted):

especially since I am interested in spaceflight

(Leaving aside the simple observation that why on Earth I should invest thousands of working hours writing spaceflight simulation if I'm not interested in it?).

I'm at a loss how to respond to this further.

Challenge accepted.

Wow - if 'please allow me a smile' is an insult for you, then I can't really help you.

As far as I can tell, your main focus on O-F is to promote your FlightGear development.

Given that you just read 'I am interested' as 'I am not interested', maybe your observations aren't quite astute.

My focus is every discussion that interests me - that involved posting things I know in response to questions in other threads, commenting on physics questions to which I happen to know the answer, voicing my opinions on commercial spaceflight and what makes a simulation realistic as well as talking about my own development (though, as mentioned above, I try to keep it to one thread).

I'm sorry, but I am a member of this community just as well, I've done my trips with the Delta Glider to the Moon, Mars and Jupiter, I've tinkered with the stock Shuttle, I can program TransX and I happen to be interested in all the little details of the real Space Shuttle.

Why exactly is it you find it so hard to accept that? What bothers you so much that you wish me to go elsewhere?

Anyway - whatever it is - I am sorry to have offended you, I have nothing against you.

Last edited:

johan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
er... guys.

GUYS.

Take this outside please.

Mods? Can we perhaps lock this thread? It seems to have turned completely unfruitful :(

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Thorsten, the way you phrase things rubs me the wrong way, but the FlightGear attack was unfair and I'm sorry.

Thorsten

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate this.

@johan: Sorry for (unintentionally) derailing the discussion - let's get back to business.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The only tru spaceflight simulator is MSSS anyway. :p

Thorsten

Reaction score
Was that the one where you could EVA around a black hole?

jsky

Reaction score
That's why spaceflight isn't nearly as entertaining as aerial flight - you have to pre-compute everything, wait for the right moment to do anything - no spur of the moment decisions, you just make your plan and then follow it to the end.

If you've done it right, you don't actually need to launch any more, because you know what'll happen anyway.

:lol:

haha, I can picture my microsoft (space) flight simulators. Spending a day doing the calculations and math, and then after a few hours, press play and then game over.