[Tuesday] Release of OrbiterSound 5.0 for Orbiter 2016

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Merci beaucoup Dansteph (I know a little bit of French btw) !

It will be very good for the developers of the XR fleet to make it compatible with Dan's add-ons when the UMMU and UCGO for Orbiter 2016 will be released.

Edit: I like to use Orbiter Sound and XR Sound together. In many O16 installations, I shall use Orbiter Sound with some sounds from XR Sound.

Edit2: Unfortunately, my computer speakers are malfunctioning and I cannot hear anything even using Orbiter Sound. I should buy a new one but sadly my area is a containment zone and will take 5-7 days to have a permission to go outside. ?

Edit3: Thanks to the headphone! I can be able to hear anything! ?

Last edited:

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hello, I've got a "Windows Defender" warning (5.0 and 5.1). Can I ignore that?
1598455127118.png

llarian

Reaction score
Yes. Just selelt "Weitere informationen" and then select for the install.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
NEWS 24 august - OrbiterSound 5.1 in public beta

Download and information here:
Bug found in this release: Disabling 3D sound doesn't actually disable it. I still get 3D positioned sound even with it turned off through SoundConfig. Another issue related to this is that it totally kills the SSME ignition and firing sound in SSU in the cockpit view with 3D sound disabled.

Pioneer

Reaction score
Hey Dan, are there plans in the future to expand from only having 60 sounds? More complex vessels like the XR series have a much greater amount of sounds.

Boxx

Mars Addict
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Always using OrbiterSound 5.0, I made a few streams on Twitch recently. Each time I have allowed OrbiterSound, I received a warning for copyrighted audio. I guess it is a mistake by their automatic detection system because it is apparently located on the sound of the external wind!!! (*) And the so-claimed "owners" are authors who just recorded nature sounds:
  • first time I got these authors:
    • Across Windswept Plains, Meadow Grove
    • Shooting Star, Luiz Esteves
    • O Último Deserto, Hugo Miguel Fraga
    • Otoño, Mocly Torturas
  • second time (today) I got a single author but multiple times = Summer storm, Silent Knights
I re-read carefully OrbiterSound copyright notice and only a few well-identified authors are mentioned with NO authorization for public broadcast ("Calm Spaces" by Pawel Blaszczak, "Epic Stories" by Bjorn-Lynne, "Schwanengesang D957" Franz Schubert), which I am sure were not included in the stream. The "automagically" detected parts were muted and I am about to appeal these muted Audio, in order to get rid of such claims (and maybe also disable these detections in Twitch's system). Actually, if Dan is sure of the origin of its soundtracks, he could maybe also claim some copyright abuse, here!

(*) Winds are said coming from Dynamicell, Benboncan, inchadney, Bosk1, dobroide, Jovica, suonho,klankbeeld, all in freesound.org

Last edited: