Meshing Question TurboCAD/ViaCAD?

Sword7

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Since I have trueSpace 7.6 and Blender 2.49 on my system, they do not use measurements like metric systems, inch/foot, etc. I would consider about TurboCAD or ViaCAD for accurate measurments. Does anyone have any experience with both CAD applications for spacecraft design/modelling?

Thanks,
Sword7

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
AC3D uses metric

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. I thought Blender didn't care about units. In Orbiter mesh files, one unit = one meter, so it would be best to draw it that way in Blender.

Sword7

Reaction score
AC3D uses metric

Oh, I forget that and was now searching for that. I found AC3D website and I now remember that X-plane supports for modelling. I will add that to my consideration. Thanks.

I'm a little confused. I thought Blender didn't care about units. In Orbiter mesh files, one unit = one meter, so it would be best to draw it that way in Blender.

I thought only CAD applications use metric systems. I will check out. Thanks again.

Metric units in CAD/3D modellers are very important for accurate architecture. For example, create a rod in 3.53 cm long and 1.2 cm wide exactly.

Sword7

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I thought only CAD applications use metric systems. I will check out. Thanks again.

Metric units in CAD/3D modellers are very important for accurate architecture. For example, create a rod in 3.53 cm long and 1.2 cm wide exactly.
Perhaps you are confused between metric and decimal. CAD systems generally use decimal unit systems, for the precision you mention, but they are often not based on any particular real world units. Instead you are free to assign your own relation between the CAD system's internal units and real world units. Some systems, for example AutoCAD, allow you to assign this relation in the software. This is useful when using its dimensioning tools, for example.