Base UK Cornwall Spaceport?

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
You will need to change "MaxPatchResolution" from 19 to higher (like 21 for instance, which was Orbiter 2010's highest res). However, only you and everyone else who did this edit will see the higher res tiles.
I haven't tried this yet, but since each folder and file have a six digit name it seems to be trouble to use higher levels. Because six digits won't be enough.

One more possibility to increase the surface quality is changing the distance range at which a tile of a given level is visible.

However, I noticed that there is an ability to use a tile with a resolution higher, than 512x512. For example (both tiles are 19 level):

123.png

And here is a 4096x4096 tile (19 level):

DG2.png

Terrain ToolBox is very useful for many things, however it seems it uses only 512x512 tiles.

Now I'm thinking how to get a high resolution picture in Google Earth Pro using coordinate grid. For example, how to save a high quality picture of area:

coord.png

LordCroussette

Quebec City's Resident Base Builder
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Wow okay that last picture! 😋

Maybe I was wrong about the "glitched out" look of higher res tiles. I will need to test it 👀

Andy632

Reaction score
I added that runway, site of the failed Cosmic Girl/Launcher One mission of course, as it's just down the coast from my Cornish home village

LordCroussette

Quebec City's Resident Base Builder
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I made a test 2048x2048 tile and wow that look better! At the bottom of the screen is the adjacent 512x512 tile.
1690047682191.png

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
That's interesting how it affects performance/loading time.

Hope I can test this making tiles of various levels for a bigger surface area.

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Returning to base over Mawgan Porth beach.....
cornwall_coast.jpg
Sorry, could you please tell what this helicopter is? Is it possibly to find this addon if that's it?