Advanced Question Unhandled exception during VESSEL3::clbkSaveState

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not during my save state, mind you, but after calling VESSEL3::clbkSaveState in my clbkSaveState. It seems to happen only after very specific circumstances, which I have not been able to really deduce yet.

Anyways, the interesting thing here might be that my instrumentation software says that the exception happens in CameraMode::create(char*)
What does that function do, and what could it be from my side of the code that could trigger a memory exception there? (I do set camera position in my code, but that bit would actually come later, unless it is from setting the camera on the integration before, but in that case it would work well enough until it saves. Also, I have a CoG shift at the beginning of clbkSaveState which would modify camera position, but the exception also happens if I don't execute that...)

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Anyways, the interesting thing here might be that my instrumentation software says that the exception happens in CameraMode::create(char*)
Not necessarily in that function, unless that function was actually called. Since Orbiter distribution doesn't provide symbols file for debugging, debugger only knows names of functions exported by Orbiter (dllexport), and between these exported functions there are also unexported "unnamed" functions, which can be completely different part of Orbiter than it's determined by debugger. Simply all the code between entry point of exported CameraMode::create(char*) function, until entry point of the next exported function is called by debugger "CameraMode::create(char*)".

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh well... THere's enough other fishy stuff to fix, if I'm lucky it's somehow connected and will "go away" :p

A completely unrelated question, but didn't want to open another thread for it since the answer will probably just be a "no": Is it possible to disable autodock?