OHM Universal Autopilots 0.3.1

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
uap for the return trip?

Has anyone looked at extending uap with commands for the return trip?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
That would need a deorbit program, a reentry program, a landing program and a TEI program.
None of them are available.

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Back in 2005 I had worked on an "universal" atmospheric autopilot but lack of time and an hard-drive crash made me move on... Congrats on your implementation!

storm

Reaction score
Back in 2005 I had worked on an "universal" atmospheric autopilot but lack of time and an hard-drive crash made me move on... Congrats on your implementation!

I remember. It was nice.

icedown

Reaction score
Love the autopilot. Makes getting the Quasar into orbit much easier, also helps me with a starting point for multistage files. I just have a couple of requests.

First being ability to save/load configs. I'm refining a launch at near limits for a craft(not Quasar) and it would definitely help if I could just load the last attempt and refine it.

My second one would be allow the time field to in wait for ap/pe in the tools command allow you to wait till so many seconds before or after the ap/pe. the reason for this is if the UAP hit the first orbital mark, I know how long the burn is going to be to circularize so I can time the wait to do it right. Right now I'm setting up my initial orbit a little over what I'm wanting to compensate for it so it's not a big deal.

I'm not sure my third request would work that well, but I'm going to post it for discussion. Ability to end trans orbit at a set time, that way I can have a second trans orbit command take over after staging.

Also you mentioned being able to access its functions from other modules, is this possible yet?

Interceptor

Reaction score
Does anybody have the right settings for UAP to get Greg burch's LSTS231 heavy utility lander to orbit the moon,everytime I set the pitch it still ends up at 70,and I end up crashing into the ground,BTW it uses the hover engines,the main engines are too weak,and only made for Orbital manuvers.Any help would be great.Thanks

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Does anybody have the right settings for UAP to get Greg burch's LSTS231 heavy utility lander to orbit the moon,everytime I set the pitch it still ends up at 70,and I end up crashing into the ground,BTW it uses the hover engines,the main engines are too weak,and only made for Orbital manuvers.Any help would be great.Thanks

It will take you to an 50k polar orbit. The config can be improved to be more fuel-wise:

BEGIN_DESC

END_DESC

BEGIN_ENVIRONMENT
System Sol
Date MJD 51982.1554186442
END_ENVIRONMENT

BEGIN_FOCUS
Ship Seneca
END_FOCUS

BEGIN_CAMERA
TARGET Seneca
MODE Cockpit
FOV 40.00
END_CAMERA

BEGIN_HUD
TYPE Surface
END_HUD

BEGIN_MFD Left
TYPE User
MODE UAP MFD
END_MFD

BEGIN_MFD Right
TYPE Orbit
PROJ Ship
FRAME Ecliptic
ALT
REF Moon
END_MFD

BEGIN_SHIPS
Seneca:Cislunar Fleet/LSS
STATUS Landed Moon
POS -33.4378034 41.1188686
HEADING 252.74
AFCMODE 7
PRPLEVEL 0:1.000000 1:1.000000
NAVFREQ 0 0
JETTISON 0.000000
END
END_SHIPS

BEGIN_ExtMFD
END

BEGIN_uap
$Seneca:lift_off(is_running=0,is_started=0,is_finished=0,engine=hover,mode=2,target=,heading=180.000000,altitude=0.000000,pitch_tgt=1.000000,pitch_duration=210.000000,off_duration=2.000000,stage=0),
trans_orbit(is_running=0,is_started=0,is_finished=0,engine=hover,kind=0,target=,heading=-1.000000,apoapsis=50000.000000,periapsis=50000.000000,ta=0.000000,mode=0).
END

chpeller

Reaction score
Hi Atrlav,

I really appreciate your autopilot, particularly his operations sequencement capacities but i think some features can be much improved like :
Optimizing fuel consumption
Ergonomics (screen design, informations displayed,...)
Little bugs to fix
And some other features asked on this forum

Are you still developping this project ?
Do you accept to work with me on some improvements ? (i am not a developer but i can give you precises descriptions of what i think, to enable you to make it).

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On a related subject:
Is anyone interested in ability to make autopilots in UAP framework?

I'd love to see this as a general piece of code, like Enjo's HUD Hooker. Interesting challenges though, coding it generically for any ship, thruster impulse and moment. I assume you would have a series of callbacks to bias the PID params.

lzakelj

Reaction score
rendezvous

Hi can anyone tels me how to rendezvous with UAP with soyuz spacecraft?

Thanx

Luka

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
Hello

Can the docking speed be changed in the UAP Docking autopilot?

I think that 0.3 m/s is way too fast.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Can the docking speed be changed in the UAP Docking autopilot?

I think that 0.3 m/s is way too fast.
The docking speed is defined as ten seconds of maximum RCS acceleration, it is hard-coded at the moment.

Are you still developping this project ?
Sort of.
Meaning no, but it's not off my list of projects i might return to.

As a matter of fact, it might be a good idea to make UAP open-source - unlike many of my projects, this one is pure C++, and was designed as a framework with an ability to easily add your own autopilots to it.
And since Spaceway is no longer around, i see no problems with getting UAP out of my hands.

I'd love to see this as a general piece of code, like Enjo's HUD Hooker. Interesting challenges though, coding it generically for any ship, thruster impulse and moment. I assume you would have a series of callbacks to bias the PID params.
I tried my best to make a fair guesstimation algorithm for the parameters, so that the interface could be reduced to something easy - you focus on giving commands and doing the math, not wasting time handling each and every vessel in existence.

The appearance of the interface is here, AFAIR: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=275638&postcount=14

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I tried my best to make a fair guesstimation algorithm for the parameters, so that the interface could be reduced to something easy - you focus on giving commands and doing the math, not wasting time handling each and every vessel in existence.

I developed a calibration system from my AP on RV Orientation, once I saw that even in the same ship, the variance is big with mass, and between ships, there's a variance of thrust capability of over 3000%. (E.g. DG-IV to CEV Orion).

Jose Gerard

Regiospace
Donator
Reaction score
UAP autopilot question

Dear ARTLAV, it is posible to send two key combination using the tools AP?, i. e. "control +J".

Thank you very much

starcrunch

Reaction score
Something I've found useful that I didn't know about UAP is that many of the tool functions for waiting fail when they're in position 0. For instance a wait of 10 seconds will wait 0 seconds, but if position 0 is wait 1s and position 1 is wait 10 seconds, it'll properly wait 10 seconds before moving on.

Found this out trying to set up a UAP to take over a payload after release from an HCLV lifter so I wanted it to wait until distance was (mode=9) was greater than 50 meters, but the autopilot would take over immediately and start firing the engines in the fairing. I spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot on-line and came up with nothing, so I looked through the scenarios and noticed the functions worked perfectly, but I noticed none were in the first position (position labeled 0) so I added a dummy first operation of 1 second pause in position 0 and then the distance based pause in position 1 and it worked perfectly.

stealthstar

Reaction score
My prayers have been answered!

I recently became acquainted with orbiter 2010P1 and it is difficult to get used to flying manually. And I spent some time trying to get a reliable fairly easy to use autopilot, now my search is over. One of the most challenging things for me to perform manually is an orbital insertion. I also love the demos that are included to! Just tried the XR2 to ISS scenario today and it worked like a charm plus it helped me learn a little of how this addon autopilot works.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any idea why all my Jason UAP launches from the cape, go left right at lift off, instead of the correct trajectory like they used too?

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Any idea why all my Jason UAP launches from the cape, go left right at lift off, instead of the correct trajectory like they used too?

IIRC this is fixed by starting the launch scenario, close it, recheck the attachment points of the (current state).scn scenario and relaunch it. I don't know why this is happening though.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I fixed it by reinstalling Orbiter. It must have been a messed up config file somewhere.