Project UNSC Spirit Of Fire

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
Well back in jan i wanted help with a Ship i was making well now im back to work on it the msh is done and so are the textures i just need to write the Config and the INI file and test it ill post a few pictures of the ship when i get it working in orbiter, in the meantime ill write the config and test it

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

well i got it in orbiter :D i just need to get the textures on anyone mind helping me with this i think i Fked up the SC3 file lol anyone willing to help?

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

here is the picture of it ingame it has engines and RCS thrusters i just cant sus the Textures problem lol

picture.php

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
OK, I'm willing to help you out with this. First, what did you use to make the mesh?

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
google sketch-up then i converted it to 3DS then to Msh

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm guessing all your diffuse and ambient values are 0 as a result of the conversion. The textures may be there, but 'invisible' due to the materials being totally black.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
want me send you the msh file Izack?
You could post the materials list from the mesh file in [code][/code] tags here. Mesh files can be opened with text editors (such as notepad.) The Materials list appears very close to the end of the file; ignore the long strings of vertex coordinates, etc. I won't go through and fix everything but at least it'll tell us if that's the problem.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Actually, there is a plugin for SU that allows you to export in .obj format. It's a Ruby script. If you want, I can post it here.
I usually then take it to Wings3D and use Hielor's .msh exporter. Works great for me.

Last edited:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
I usually then take it to Wings3D and use Artlav's .msh exporter.

Hielor's .msh exporter.

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3901"]Wings3D .msh Exporter[/ame]