V8 Release Work Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Edit: False alarm! (see posts #23 and #25)

Hi,
I don't want to rain on to your parade, but when I try the current 2016 branch and execute scenarios containing a LM (e.g. "Scenarios\Project Apollo - NASSP\Apollo - Mission Scenarios\Apollo 11\Apollo 11 - 12 - Before PDI T+102h28min.scn") I get a lot of missing meshes...

Code:
============================ ERROR: ===========================
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Parked.msh
[MeshManager::LoadMesh | .\Mesh.cpp | 1238]
===============================================================
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_Parked) hMesh is NULL
000000.000: Module Floodlight.dll ........ [Build 190713, API 160828]
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_Parked) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_NoWheel.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_NoWheel) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Landed.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_Landed) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_descent.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_descent) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ascent.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_ascent) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ascent2.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_ascent2) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ContactProbes.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_ContactProbes) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LPD_gret.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LPD_gret) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LPD_gext.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LPD_gext) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_FwdHatch.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_FwdHatch) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Drogue.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_Drogue) hMesh is NULL

Or here as a more compact list:

Code:
>>> Texture not found: ProjectApollo/AST_TEXT.dds
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ascent.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ascent2.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ContactProbes.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_descent.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Drogue.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_FwdHatch.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Landed.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_NoWheel.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LPD_gext.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LPD_gret.msh

Last edited:

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,
I don't want to rain on to your parade, but when I try the current 2016 branch and execute scenarios containing a LM (e.g. "Scenarios\Project Apollo - NASSP\Apollo - Mission Scenarios\Apollo 11\Apollo 11 - 12 - Before PDI T+102h28min.scn") I get a lot of missing meshes...

hmm, are you certain you are using the very latest version of NASSP? Those meshes have been discarded a while ago, they were part of the old LM mesh.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Uuuups! I totally mixed up several of my setups! Sorry. :facepalm:
Please ignore that post :blush:

I'll do it once again (more carefully I hope) and strike out that old post once I have valid results!

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Could you believe we are now down to 3 meshes for the LM...it makes me laugh that we used to have that many (11) for one spacecraft :lol:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Once one does it correct, it works! Doh :facepalm:

Sverige

Reaction score
After about two and a half years in alpha NASSP 8.0 has now reached the beta stage! For a while now we were thinking that most major features we wanted to have implemented in 8.0 are basically done, so we could think of no better date to make the change than today!

What does this mean? Well it doesn't really change anything but the name of the automatic builds on Github. Development will go on as before and there will still be many months of adding more minor or desirable features, bug fixes, performance improvements (hopefully) and adding documentation that assists in flying the supported missions of Apollo 7 to 11. And I don't think there will be a full 8.0 release before the next Orbiter milestone release, be it Orbiter 2016P1 or 2020 or whatever. Right now NASSP 8.0 still requires the Orbiter Beta.

So yeah, that's about it. Happy Apollo 11 launch day!

:hailprobe:

EDIT: Link to the first Beta release: https://github.com/dseagrav/NASSP/releases/tag/NASSP-V8.0-Beta-Orbiter2016-1464

Thanks for this amazing job! NASSP has meant a lot to me and will also do so in the future. The best simulator forever:tiphat:

gryper

Reaction score
SWEET!

I cannot believe you guys have finally finished the LM! I have been following NASSP forums for about what, 12-15 years now? I roughly know about everything you guys have been working on since then. This is an amazing achievement. It took forever, but it was worth it. I quit using Orbiter for a few years, waiting for this project to be (mostly) complete. To say "nice job" would be a major understatement. I am now re-installing and looking forward to diving back into Apollo.

Thanks for all of the years of work (and probable headaches :D) everyone involved put into this. And you all did it for no compensation. Thank you! I will try to get the most enjoyment possible from this in the coming months.

spinkle

Reaction score
Many thanks great job is there any more updates in the pipe line, just wondering as there hasn't been any update for a while ?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of work on the RTCC MFD, but it's quite tedious work and requires a lot of reorganization. It's one of those changes that break nearly everything, so before I can push another update there is a lot to do in terms of fixing and testing. No small incremental updates for that possible. But hopefully I should be through with that in 1-2 weeks.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That looks really great! I'm sure we will be able to add it to NASSP for everyone. Is it already compatible with the animations of the pad?

Jordan

Reaction score
Yes. All animations work. My model is based on the original NASSP model. But there is still a lot of work to be done. Service Arm 1 is finished, all others have to be modeled. Service Arm 9 with the white room is still the original from NASSP. MLP has yet to be processed. I finished the Holddown Arms today. Some parts in the lower tower have to be corrected etc.

The model is very big at the moment 40mb. But on my pc I have 300-400 fps. Intel i7 6700k Nvidia 1060 6gb 32gb ram.

And that's how it looks in the game

Last edited:

Jordan

Reaction score
Update
Added some details on the MLP and created a new texture.

Cougar

Reaction score
Happy new Year to you all!

NASSP is the best Orbiter addon - as a matter of fact THE BEST SIMULATION - i know.

The last release was NASSP-V8.0-Beta-Orbiter2016-1482 on the 2019-10-04.

So since 3 months there hasn´t been any newer version published.

Has the development stopped on NASSP - which would make me really sad?

Many Greetings
Rick

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have been sidetracked in some development branches for the last few months, so that is the reason why there has been no update from me. And the other people who occasionally contribute things for checklists, 3D models etc. don't have much time at the moment, so that explains why there has been no update on those things either. But at least from my side there has been a lot of progress, it just hasn't made it into the Orbiter2016 branch yet.

Cougar

Reaction score
Oh, that is so good to hear, dear Indy!

Great news!

Thank´s a lot for your superb work - and a huge thank you to the whole development team of NASSP!!!!

It´s absolutely the most excellent simulation of such a complex system i have ever seen for Desktop-PCs. Unbelievable!!! TOP TOP TOP!!!

Many Greetings
Rick

Max Pain

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question: It seems for me that NASSP only works with the old DanSteph OrbiterSound 4.0 release. I have tried to get it to work with XRSound and SoundBridge, however resulting always in CTDs. Given that OrbiterSound 4.0 is not maintained anymore, and there are compatibility issues with Orbiter 2016, are you planning on supporting newer (better maintained) sound interfaces or at least making NASSP work with SoundBridge?

Amazing addon btw.

Jordan

Reaction score
New update of the mobile launch pad.
Damper arm is added and animated.
Since I don't know when it will be retracted, I combined it with the Colby Crane.

Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good stuff! I didn't even know about the damper! I checked my Saturn documentation and the primary damper (which it is called in the Saturn countdown documents) is connected after the MSS has been removed, during the countdown hold at T-10 hours. And it is retracted at T-3:38. So rotating it away at the same time as the crane is a good solution for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.