The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...and Ceres! :hotcool:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And Makemake :hotcool: let's comeback to the main topic! How is going the project of a venusian space station?

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
And don't forget Haumea :p

But enough :eek:fftopic:

My idea: launch the spacecrafts and the station spacecrafts with a Falcon X or a Falcon X heavy, with a upper stage (maybe a DM-2 :hmm: )

ggrof

Reaction score
Well, i will test now a Energy Rocket using space tugs: Smerch and 2 DM as upper stages. The last DM i will use to do course corrections and insert in the Venusian orbit (although the aerobraking in the Venus atmosphere seems really interesting :cool:) First, i will launch a test module: A Leonardo.

If I knew working with velcro rockets, my life would be easier:(

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Test one: failed hehe

There´s a problem with this strategy: if I put 2 DM (one for course correction, another for orbit insert) the ship became too heavy for TVI Burn. With 1 DM and the module, the TVI is ok, but there isn´t enough Delta V for orbit insertion

And I couldn´t do that aerobraking. I passed very near in the atmosphere and nothing

But the sunset in venus orbit was wonderful hehe

I will try the Falcon Heavy

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

One more problem hehe...i will need Delta V for intercept modulesin the venus orbit.
I´m thinking about to build a little station in the Earth Orbit and send it to Venus in two parts using some upper stage.

ggrof

Reaction score
I´m trying aerobrake in venus. Really, is the most economic way but most difficult too. In what vector Have I to burn to avoid be catched by the planet? I´m trying to escape from Venus Gravity using a Space Tug DM-2

ggrof

Reaction score
the best for venus is about 6135k. Is necessary to do any burn during or after? Does Aerobrake MFD works?

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
6135km? What? The dense atmosphere seems to end at 100km!

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes... So maybe 100-90km.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

With M he is talking Meters...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
With M he is talking Meters...
M means Mega, or one million units. 6M is six million unspecified units, 6m is six metres.

And if he meant 6km, I hope he likes broiled astronaut. :lol:

You're right - 90-100km is a reasonable altitude for aerobraking. I suppose the exact value for this mission will be determined closer to Venus encounter. Best of luck to that spacecraft. :hailprobe:

ggrof

Reaction score
man, i´ve been tried aerobraking for hours and hours. In this case, there´s no another solution for orbital insertion...i guess...

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

yes!! i´ve made it!! periapsis at 6135 Rad, then prograde burn near periapsis against excessive velocity low. A perfect elliptical orbit, with a good quantity of fuel.

well, is possible. The best configuration is a Energy Rocket with a smerch and a DM-2 and the module using trans X. Aerobrake MFD is not necessary. The challenge now is dock the modules in the Venus orbit (billions and billions of dollars...would be cool to do a "money waste simulator for space missions MFD hehe" )

ggrof

Reaction score
i have discovered a perfect launcher to build a Space Station in Venus: Ariane 6

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

First module sent: A neesys module as core (unfortunately i couldn´t find a way to send availabe core modules like Mir 2 or Hera. There´s another core module?)