Software Very low fps on scenario start

laukejas

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently began having this problem: when I open scenario - any scenario where focus is on orbiting vessel, I get very low fps, everything lags, and so on. But if I change focus to some ground object on Earth - or simply to some base camera - fps rises again. Then I can switch focus back to the orbiting vessel, and everything runs smooth.

So I have to do this procedure every time I open a scenario - switch camera to ground vessel, and then back. If scenario starts with focus already on ground vessel/base, there is no fps drop or lag.

What causes this? How do I fix it?

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Go to Orbiter launchpad's Extra tab and under Visualization parameters open Planet rendering options.

If you have "Pre-load at session start" turned on, you might want to turn it to "Load on demand" at a low frequency of 10 to 20 Hz or less.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello all,

I recently began having this problem: when I open scenario - any scenario where focus is on orbiting vessel, I get very low fps, everything lags, and so on. But if I change focus to some ground object on Earth - or simply to some base camera - fps rises again. Then I can switch focus back to the orbiting vessel, and everything runs smooth.

So I have to do this procedure every time I open a scenario - switch camera to ground vessel, and then back. If scenario starts with focus already on ground vessel/base, there is no fps drop or lag.

What causes this? How do I fix it?

You using the new Orbiter 3D sound? There is a known thing with it where you get a very low fps upon loading a scenario, and cycling views will get your fps back to where you would expect them to be.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You using the new Orbiter 3D sound? There is a known thing with it where you get a very low fps upon loading a scenario, and cycling views will get your fps back to where you would expect them to be.

I concur. It's the same for me. A quick view change to the cockpit usually fixes this.

laukejas

Reaction score

Yes, I do use it! How to fix this bug until it is fixed in the Orbiter Sound by developer?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, I do use it! How to fix this bug until it is fixed in the Orbiter Sound by developer?

There's no fix other than to turn the 3D sound off.