A good WW1 naval story I wasn't aware of :

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Not sure which category of video thread this belongs.... but its great, I am really annoyed that Youtube didn't get it into my recommendations, while flooding it with conpiracy bullshit. Just found it because Tim Peake recommended it on Twitter.

And yes, you can maybe learn a thing or two about how the real world Orbiter operates. ;)

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Think of it as evolution in action...

Absolutely!
The rapid "machine gun" pecking is for declaring your territory and attracting a mate.
Pecking on something that resonates loudly is a GOOD THING (if you're a woodpecker).

Challenger007

Reaction score
I decided to watch the TV series "Supernatural", this is one of my favorite TV series. But since my wife is not interested in mystic TV series, I have to watch the series via the computer. It's good that we recently bought a good Sceptre display with a large diagonal. I can enjoy my favorite series without my wife's comments and attempts to switch to the talent shows.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Watched Contact again... I probably was too young when I saw it the first time... What a blast ! The way science and religion are put together in a truely philosophical way... With the scientific background from Carl Sagan, and the incredible performance of Jodie Foster... Just amazing. I mean, for people that have questions about how much science and religion should mix... Just watch it. I love how science and faith both are important (and at some point, get mixed) in the story. Interstellar did something like that, but isn't as good (still a very good movie, but...). In Contact you really deal with philosophy and ethics... And of course I'm very sensitive to that !