Internet Video Thread

Graham2001

Reaction score
An overview of the first electronic 'Pub Quiz' machine...

Graham2001

Reaction score
Restoring a later 'Pub Quiz' machine, interestingly both this machine and the earlier Atari one use non-'Solid State' media to hold the questions...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If you are thinking often about how to operate a spacecraft with a large crews, this video might be interesting, its a good discussion about the different watch / shift systems aboard a spacecraft/ship and the differences between them - including the explanation why one watch system does not fit all missions and ship types.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

A pretty good introduction into the German side of philosophy and enlightenment and how it shaped the world around us. Of course, there could have been more to mention than just nationalism, the theories of communism also profited a lot from this.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
A bit of SPAM (because I'm the one who uploaded the video) but with the intention of sharing my experiences with the Short Wave.

This is what the process of decoding a WEFAX image looks like, which is a type of fax that is transmitted by Short Wave radio. In my case it is a weather map sent by the Chilean Navy Meteorological Service.

elevator music intensifies

Graham2001

Reaction score
The other 'big yin'...

...Elon Musk's next big project?

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
It's been a while but I still love to watch this. Probably the best prank in the history of German television (turn on the captions)...