OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: spike spiegel

VMA-223
a DeltaGlider IV High-Res Skin
by Spike Spiegel
------------------------------------

Contains a High-Res (2048x2048) skin for the DeltaGlider IV, based on my previously released Repaint Template: http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4062.

This was done by request for Bloodworth on the forums. It is based on the paint scheme used by VMA-223, the "Bulldogs", on their A-4 Skyhawks back in the Vietnam War.

Installation
------------
Unzip to your Orbiter folder, preserving the paths in the .zip file.

Version History
---------------
05/28/2010: Initial Release.

Notes
-----
It is entirely possible that the theme from Top Gun may have been playing during the creation of this skin.

DOWNLOAD

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
I would have answered you privately, but I wanted to express my appreciation publicly.

Dude! Freaking awesome! This is gorgeous and turned out even better than I'd hoped, I truly cannot thank you enough. I thought of this in honor of my father, and I think he's gonna love it :) .

I did have one question though. Is it possible to turn the call lettering on the right side of the tails turned around? When looked at from the right side, they are backwards, but the MARINES lettering isnt...

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Nice job! I've been thinking myself of making some repaints of the ace squadrons from Ace Combat (Cipher, Mobius, Razgriz, Talisman, ect.)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Awesome looking skin! :thumbup: Just downloaded it.

Spike Spiegel

Reaction score
I did have one question though. Is it possible to turn the call lettering on the right side of the tails turned around? When looked at from the right side, they are backwards, but the MARINES lettering isnt...

I'd love to.... but that's the way the texture mapping was done on the model itself. If you are able to look at the texture that is applied to the wings and tail, you'll see that there's only one tail piece to the texture. This gets repeated on all 4 surfaces that are part of the tail sections. That means that on those 2 sides it gets flipped.

The texture that gets applied to the body is a different map which does not get mirrored, so I can define the appearance for the entire thing.

The wings also get repeated for the underside of the wings, which is why the roundel is there as well.

Otherwise, I'm glad you like it. :)

Spike Spiegel

Reaction score