Project Voskhod Spacecraft

wizardchris

Greater Wizard of Orbs
Donator
Reaction score
Website
gallery.me.com
UMmu Orlan

Can confirm that ORLAN addon wont work in Orbiter2010. But if you install it nevertheless, you can use the Orlan mesh as an UMMU EVA.

You just have to create a file (with ANY content) of the name UMmuOrlan-Orlan-Rus.cfg in the CFG/UMMUIdConfig folder. Works well here with my MIR.

The only problem my be the historic inaccuracy. As far as I remember, Orlan was a descendant of the spacesuits developed for the N1 moon project, so the Voshod spacesuit maybe looked different.

Columbia42

Reaction score
The Voskhod spacesuits do look completely different. I think the easiest thing to do here is to make an original mesh of Leonov's EVA suit. I'm working on it however it is coming along very slowly because I am not a mesh making expert. So if anyone wants to make the mesh for me that would be great. :thumbup:

BTW, Castorp, I have reconsidered about using your meshes. Their better quality outways the delay for implementation. If you could post an attachment with the files, that would be great. Thanks a lot!

Columbia42

Reaction score
Voskhod Program Addon

Since I've been focusing on the N1-L3 program instead of Voskhod I had previously put development of this spacecraft on indefinite hold but now I have resumed development. I have a preliminary beta version of the unmanned precursor to Voskhod 1 (Cosmos 47) almost done and I have a few questions the most pressing of which being how to port the addon from O2006 to O2010. Unfortunately it seems to suffer from the "disappearing spacecraft syndrome" in O2010. I looked through the source code and it appears I'm using some obsolete API functions like set pitch moment scale and set bank moment scale but in my experience these don't cause the effect described above. So here's the source code. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

View attachment 7080

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Now I have resumed development and instead of necroposting in the old thread I'm starting a new one.
Resuming development and posting updates regarding it isn't necroposting.

Threads have been merged to keep the earlier and current development ideas and resources in one place, as there was no link to the earlier development to check what was already suggested or implemented, and the only way to find it was by searching forums.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A video of Leonov's spacewalk :

That suit was strongly inflated and allowed very little mobility. In fact, he got jammed in the airlock and had to deflate it manually to reenter Voskhod.

Columbia42

Reaction score
Although I will need a spacesuit mesh at some point I'm only focusing on the Cosmos 47 spacecraft at the moment and once I figure out how to port it to O2010 I will continue in the series of spacecraft.

Columbia42

Reaction score
Seeing as development has pretty much halted I've decided to release the most recent beta version as-is. It consists of the Cosmos 47 spacecraft which is the unmanned prototype of the Voskhod. There are no launchers or other spacecraft included. Right now this addon is only compatible with Orbiter 2006 P1 and cannot be used with any later versions of Orbiter. Before I continue development I want to go back and rework the code to make it compatible with O2010 and since I don't know when I'll get around to doing that, development is put on indefinite hold. The source code is included if anyone wants to take a stab at bringing this addon up to date with the latest version of Orbiter.

I had to upload the file in two parts because it exceeds O-F's attachment file size limits.

View attachment Voskhod Program BETA 110614 Part 1.zip

diogom

Reaction score
:cheers:
I have a problem with the latest BETA, when I run the Cosmos-47 in orbit scenario, the spacecraft is invisible.

Columbia42

Reaction score
Have you downloaded both parts of the files? Keep in mind this beta is meant to be used with O2006, not 2010. A version compatible with 2010 is almost finished but I've gotten quite immersed in my N1-L3 project and so I have had very little time to work on Voskhod.

diogom

Reaction score
Yes, I have both parts, and it's Orbiter 2006P1

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

BTW, I forgot this: I installed it over some previous versions of it (one that has Voskhod 1). Also, on the launch scenario, a mesh does show up, but it's a bit messed up:

2vvlx8z.jpg

Columbia42

Reaction score
For now I'm focusing on porting this addon to O2010 before I make any improvements and I assure you that the next version will be much more complete and stable.

diogom

Reaction score
Ok. Take your time. From what I see, by previous releases, there's some really good work here :thumbup: Anyway, I see you've been focusing in the N1-L3 addon, and totally whort it!