Question What are you reading?

Ark

Reaction score
I'm close to finishing "Able One" by Ben Bova.

It's a politcal/tech thriller I suppose, but since it's Ben Bova I figured I can't really go wrong. It's a fast read too, the chapters are short and the pace is pretty quick.

I bulldozed through the entire Grand Tour series earlier this year. Great stuff, better character writing than a lot of hard sci-fi.

Just finished "Ark" by Stephen Baxter. That one hooked me so bad I read it cover-to-cover in about 24 hours. I love hard sci-fi, and I really love end-of-civilization sci-fi, so this was my biggest literary nerdgasm in recent memory. :hail:

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
"Carrying the Fire" by Michael Collins. Definitely one of the most interesting books I've ever read, by far the most interesting on the space program. The most technically detailed book about the program that I've ever read (though I often find myself hoping for a little more; understandably, he has to spend some time explaining the basic orbital mechanics that only us Orbinauts will understand instead of going into more interesting detail). I'll be sad to finish it.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention: Michael Collins is just a good writer all around. He's interesting to read and very funny.

Blacklight

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
"The Mirror Of Her Dreams" by Stephen R. Donaldson. My next book is going to be book 2 of the "Third Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Fatal Reverent".

johan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just finished "Escape" by Carolyn Jessop. This has to be one of the most emotionally intense books I've ever read - it's an account of her escape from the FLDS cult a few years ago.

Also, "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. Yeah, it's decades old but one of those books that just never become irrelevant.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the topic, but I just finished "Rebel Moon" by Bruce Bethke. AWESOME BOOK! If you do read it, make sure you read ALL the way to the end.

Jacko13

Narwhal
Reaction score
I was reading Max Brooks' "The Zombie Survival Guide" but now I'm reading a book called "Tentacles" by Roland Smith. I plan to read "The Shining" by Stephen King next.

Mauler85

Traveler out of time
Reaction score
Marsbound by Joe Haldeman now, Next will be Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke

FSXHD

Heterotroph
Donator
Reaction score
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury ... a classic

Mauler85

Traveler out of time
Reaction score
I was reading Max Brooks' "The Zombie Survival Guide" but now I'm reading a book called "Tentacles" by Roland Smith. I plan to read "The Shining" by Stephen King next.

If you Liked ZSG you should read WWZ its good lol

Kevon Daye

Smoking Crater
Reaction score
I just finished reading The Last Gasp by Trevor Hoyle. It's about a man trying to stop the human race from depleting the Earths oxygen by killing off all of the phytoplankton in the oceans.

Ark

Reaction score
Just got "Project Orion: The True Story Of The Atomic Spaceship" by George Dyson. :)

pebble

Reaction score
I'm rereading The Mote In God's Eye by Niven and Pournelle, just finished reading Huxley's Brave New World.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just finished the classic, "2001 A Space Odyssey" .. brilliant, even more so after playing Orbiter! :probe:

Currently reading "The Testament" by John Grisham and considering Stephen Hawkings new book next.

Graham2001

Reaction score
Hiding the Elephant: How Magicians Invented the Impossible And Learned To Disappear by Jim Steinmeyer, a wonderful history of stage illusion, including an explanation of just how Houdini made an elephant vanish...

Gumdrop

Five Year Orbinaut
Reaction score
Just finished the classic, "2001 A Space Odyssey" .. brilliant, even more so after playing Orbiter! :probe:

I have to load up World of 2001 every time I read it.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I skipped Hawkings book for now, decided to continue with the Ender series.. currently reading "Speaker for the Dead".

Drakomis

Totally Bogus
Reaction score
Star Trek: The Next Generation
REUNION
By: Michael Jan Friedman

-and-

FROWN STRONG
A conversation with Merlin
By: Author Unknown

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Whilst on holiday I read the entire Odyssey series: to be honest I didn't really understand the movie at the end...the novel makes it easier to understand.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
King Arthur: Dragon’s Child - MK Hume
Uther Pendragon, High King of Britain, is dying. As he weakens, Britain is being torn apart by the squabbling of kings. Only one man can bring them together. This is the legend of Artorex, the man destined to be King Arthur.
If Artorex is to unite the kings and fulfil his destiny, he needs the weapon destined to be worn by the High King of the Britons. Can he find the embittered Uther’s hiding place? The future of Britain is at stake…