Question What are you reading?

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Just finished reading "The Dead and the Gone", which is a backstory to "Life as We Knew It". It's a post-apocalyptic story about a kid named Alex surviving in NYC after a meteor impact lowers the Moon's orbit. How this is possible, I have no idea.

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just finished re-reading Stephen Baxter's "Destiny's Children" series. Gotta love Baxter.

:thumbup:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Finally finished Rendezvous with Rama. Yeah it took me a long time. >_>

Anyway, the ending gave me a little electric buzz, which doesn't happen very often. :thumbup:

FSXHD

Heterotroph
Donator
Reaction score
Clear and Present Danger by Tom Clancy

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm currently reading The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Talib. Analyzing the impact of low probability, high consequence events, and the inability of humans to predict them or comprehend their importance.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've just started rereading an old favourite trilogy: Orbiter.pdf, OrbiterConfig.pdf and API_guide.pdf by the illustrious Dr. M. Schweiger. :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I am still busy reading through the "Die Elfen" series by [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Hennen"]Bernhard Hennen[/ame]... just got the next two books, starting at the "Elfenritter" trilogy.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
well right now i'm reading a What are you reading? thread in the Orbiter-Forums...

oh wait...:p

not really a book, (more of a short story), the last thing i read: "The Last Question" by Isaac Asimov....
highly recommend it!:thumbup:

Viper1

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Re-reading "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" for the Nth time which will be followed by the other 3 "The Restaurant at the end of the Universe", "Life, The Universe and Everything" and "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish" Unfortunately I lost my copy of Mostly Harmless ... Douglas Adams was brilliant!!!!

Viper1

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What happens if read it 42 times? Just wonderin'....

You get the answer to everything, become a two headed Deity and go to celebrate at the Restaurant at the end of the galaxy with the Movie version of Trillian:cheers:

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
The Prince - Niccholo Machiavelli

Breaking The Spell - Dan Dennett

Everything you need to know about Einstein (some random book I bought in a discount store, but somehow pretty fair)

Materialisme, Dialektika, dan Logika - Tan Malaka (it's an Indonesian philosophy book, which I rarely find in the 20 years of my life here)

The Ghost - Robert Harris

Evolution - Ernst Mayr

Napoleon - Felix Markham

The Last Emperor - by Pu Yi himself

Mein Kampf - who else?

and I just finished "A Pocket Full of Rye" by Agatha Christie

well this is basically what happens if you're a med student, and you go out to buy some book every week, and leave it on the rack only to read it in the holidays, in which you still just go to hang out with your friends, so... it became a very long list :uhh:

and there's still a long list of books to buy, so help me :probe:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm close to finishing "Able One" by Ben Bova.

It's a politcal/tech thriller I suppose, but since it's Ben Bova I figured I can't really go wrong. It's a fast read too, the chapters are short and the pace is pretty quick.

Polaris

Reaction score
I've been catching up on my Heinlein- "The Rolling Stones" is a good book. I've also been reading "The Screenwriter's Bible".

Graham2001

Reaction score
Caleb Carr's Sherlock Holmes pastiche "The Italian Secretary"

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The Prince - Niccholo Machiavelli

The Last Emperor - by Pu Yi himself

Mein Kampf - who else?

Well, some books have to serve as bad example of how you shouldn't do things. :lol: The Machiavelli is so useless, that naming power politics after its author is a big overrating, Pu Yi never ruled, but was ruled, so Emperor is pretty much just a hollow title, and Mein Kampf is one of those books, that only need to be read to know what stands in it, but has otherwise no value. Its theses did already ruin one country because nobody did actually read the book, I wonder how things would have turned out if people did.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
"Crisis in the suburbs", it's a book about urban geography.