Question What are you reading?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The Jungle Book, by Kipling. I forgot how good it is (not Disney, nope, the real thing).

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Just finished, Desert Eagles by Humphrey Wynn (Eagle Squadron guys flying Kittyhawks in North Africa.)

Just started,
Lunar Rover 1971-1972 (Apollo 15-17; LRV1-3 & 1G Trainer) Owners' Workshop Manual by Dr. Christopher Riley, David Woods, & Phil Dolling
(One of those nice surprises, such a great book.)

Reaction score
The Three Body by Liou Ci xin
santi.jpg

Last edited:

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
"Centennial" by James A. Michener.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Next up is The Fault in Our Stars, which I am basically only reading because I love John Green.
So I worked at a summer camp and instead of reading a new book, re-read Catch-22 while I was there, and haven't read anything new since I returned. I finally pulled The Fault in Our Stars off the shelf yesterday, just under halfway through now. I very much enjoy it so far. And again, John Green <3

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Moby Dick, good read, bad for the Whale. Call me Ishmael(spelling could be wrong...)

Forgot how good this novel is, and how good some film treatise of it was:

Mr. Starbuck...

N.

Last edited:

Pablo49

Reaction score
Finished The Fault in Our Stars just moments ago. I continued to enjoy it and it gets increasingly better as you go. I recommend it. Also, it is a pretty easy read.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just reading "Warthog: Flying the A-10 in the Gulf War". A really good reading about the A-10 and also giving some many insights into CAS and BAI tactics, as well as into the mindsets of the RFOA-10 pilots. Why should you descent from safe high altitudes into a maelstrom of AAA shells or take-off when the weather is too bad for the fighter jockeys? Simply to protect the ground soldiers lives.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
A good combat pilot memoir I recently read was "A Nightmare's Prayer". It was written by a US Marine Corps AV-8B pilot who flew ground support missions in Afghanistan.

E

ex-orbinaut

Moby Dick, good read, bad for the Whale. Call me Ishmael(spelling could be wrong...)

Forgot how good this novel is, and how good some film treatise of it was:

"...that in her retracing search to find her missing children, only found another orphan."

One of the few books I have re-read on three different occasions. It is a moving masterpiece, first introduced to me at 14, when I was very interested in Cetology and was entertaining aspirations of becoming a marine biologist.

At the moment I am reading Kevin Phillip's "1775: A Good Year for Revolution". I would say it is a bit "revisionistic" for my liking, though no offense intended and no reason not to read it. As a non-US American who received an overseas US standards education up to high school, my interest in the subject of US history is quite high. Being a bit dissatisfied with the content of the "standard" of the subject imparted in school, I am always ready to read more about it on my own count.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Burning Chrome short story collection by William Gibson of Neuromancer fame. Wonderful cyber-punk noir.